Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

My New Toy

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

My New Toy

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 05:19 PM
kwblake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My New Toy

Hey. A while back I had placed an order with my LHS for the H9 Ultra Stick. Got it today. I must say, this is not what I expected. I thought I would get something that compared to the Hobbico Twinstar that I bought a while back. NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!!!!
If there is a rep. from Hobbico reading this post, "close your eyes yackie, cause you shouldn't otta see this". The covering on this is first rate!!!!. I am no expert, in anything to do with RC, but I can see something that is done well, or poorly. When I got my Twinstar, I did the normal thing. Pull out the iron and the heat gun, and go to work. I hope the photos show what I am talking about with the Stick. I really, really doubt if this is necessary on this model. So far all, and I mean all, of the covering looks like it is stuck down to the wood. There is not a wrinkle to be seen. My Twinstar had more wrinkles than a Char Pei. I am going over the covering with an iron, but............. Hanger 9, sure seems to be doing something right. I also have a P-47 Razorback on order from them. Can't wait for that one. And, if there is a Hanger 9 rep. reading this........ give all your employees a BIG pat on the back.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64907.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1892737   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17051.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	1892738   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51618.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	1892739   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ey69872.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	1892740   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xi62038.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	1892741  
Old 06-18-2013, 06:03 AM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: My New Toy

Wondering if that H9 rep can reach all the way to China for those pats on the back ? Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
But the model does look good .