Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Can the ESC and receiver go next to each other?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Can the ESC and receiver go next to each other?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 11:47 AM
skeeter_ca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can the ESC and receiver go next to each other?

In assembling my Cermark Cosmos I've ran into a space problem. The rudder and elevator servos can't fit side by side because then the arms would have to be very short to fit in the fuse. If I add another rail I can put one in front of the other. With that problem solved it creates another. The battery cannot slide in and out of the compartment without removing the receiver every time and even then the receiver would set up against the battery. I could locate the receiver under the battery compartment but then it would be right next to the ESC? Which would be better?

skeeter
Old 11-12-2013, 01:39 PM
kwblake

Hey skeeter. You may get an answer in one of the electric forums. Just a thought.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:25 PM
skeeter_ca

I was gonna give it another day or until it fell off the page and then ask elsewhere, thanks.skeeter
Old 11-12-2013, 03:44 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I try not to install any receiver (72m or 2.4g) closer than 2" to batteries,servos,ignitions,or ESC's/motors. I have a glider with very limited space and I had to install the ESC above the RX and I will get glitches every now and then especially under throttle at altitude ...never when gliding or landing . Just something I have to live with. If my only choices were the battery or the esc,I would choose the battery.