Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Cox/Pica T28 ARF power choice...................

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Cox/Pica T28 ARF power choice...................

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 09:40 PM
deadstickdan
My Feedback: (3)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cox/Pica T28 ARF power choice...................

I am finally getting around to assembling a Cox/Pica T28 ARF(discontinued a long time ago) that I have had ever since they first became available. I'm posting this to get some feedback on engine choices. Specs on this plane say the plane will weigh in at the 14 - 18lb range, has a 79" wingspan and will have a wing loading of 30 - 39 oz sq ft. Engine specs say 1.50 - 1.80 and I have read that engines from a four stroke 120 - 180 and G26 gas will fly this plane well. I have a brand new, never ran Saito 170R3 that needs a home and I'm just wondering if the 170 would have enough power to fly this T28 without struggling. The Top Flite Staggerwing ARF(also discontinued long ago) was listed to weigh 18lbs with a wing loading of 27 oz. and this Saito 170r3 was used by a few in that plane with mixed results. I have a Saito 150 as well that I can install but would really like to use the radial.

Any thoughts or first hand experience with the 170r3 is much appreciated.

Dan
Old 01-12-2015, 12:23 AM
centralhobby
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this plane since it was released years ago..and still flying this plane.
I have OS FS200 on it with 18*8 prop and it flies great very stable, easy to land with flaps...
don't be scare of its weight, you will love this.
For me Saito 180 will do the same job as OS FS200