Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

First ARF build, GP Escapade

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

First ARF build, GP Escapade

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 07:10 AM
loves nitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First ARF build, GP Escapade

Hi All,
I've been flying for a year now, mostly foamies, and a Sig Kadet I bought already put together, Im getting ready to start my first ARF build, a GP .40 size Escapade. Im doing as electric, but I have two questions, the instructions say to just use the stap to screw the wing halve together, but Im woundering if I should also epoxy them as well? Also I've heard the stock tailwheel assembly that comes with the Escapade is'nt very good, and that a Sullivan tailwheel assembly would work better, is this true? Any info, and pointers for my first ARF build will be greatly appriciated.
Thanks,
Paul
Old 04-06-2014, 07:26 AM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the GP Escapade. I have one and love it. The answer to your questions is yes as far as I am concerned. I almos always use a Sullivan tail wheel on my planes. It is of a better design and quality than most that come with ARFs. On the wing, I would epoxy it unless it is too big for you to get it to the field. Another couple of things to do. I epoxied the horizontal and vertical stab in place. And do a search on RCU for the long thread on the Escapade and read it. Lots of good info there.

Great Planes Escapade .40 ARF

Here ya go. Don't be put off by the number of responses, by the time you get through 20 or 30 you will see what some of the issues have been.

Last edited by hookedonrc; 04-06-2014 at 07:37 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:52 AM
loves nitro

Thanks for the info, I have to go to the LHS today to get some building supplies, I'll pick up a Sullivan tailwheel assembly while Im there, tomorrows the big day when Im gonna start on the Escapade. Just one more thing, should I use the stock tail wheel or should I buy the Sullivan tail wheel, and what size wheel should I get?
Thanks again for the info,
Paul
Old 04-06-2014, 09:14 AM
hookedonrc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The smaller will be fine. Not a lot of weight on the tail.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:16 PM
loves nitro

Thanks much I greatly appriciate all the advice.
Paul