Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Electro Stik vs Tower Trainer 40 Mk II

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Electro Stik vs Tower Trainer 40 Mk II

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 09:41 PM
Elevated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electro Stik vs Tower Trainer 40 Mk II

Hey everyone. Looking for advise on a second plane. I have been flying an Axn Floater Jet 4 channel electric plane for a few weeks. It has been beaten up a bit and I would like to start looking at a second plane that would be more stable in the wind at my farm.

Looking at staying electric right now as usually i am really busy so like to spend just half an hour flying in front of the home i am building when i get a break.

The two i am interested in are the Great Planes EletroStik and the Tower Trainer 40 Mk II.

Which one would be a good next plane that would work well in the wind and still be sporty enough to not get board with?

I am leaning more towards the 40 Mk II as it is a little bigger and also cheaper ($50 less). I want to stay low cost right now until i get better at flying as i am teaching myself.

Thanks.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:39 AM
Elevated

Anyone have thoughts on these planes?
Old 06-27-2015, 05:47 PM
Elevated

Has no one had any experience with either of these? Seems odd as they are pretty common.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:55 PM
rcjetflyer0718-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've flown both. The tower trainer is the plane easier to learn on. The problem is you have to modify it for electric, plus the motor, battery, and the speed control will be more expensive because its a bigger plane. you would be better off with a "sensei" or Apprentice