Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Revolver 70 fuel dot locations

Old 07-18-2015, 01:55 PM
PDF

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Revolver 70 fuel dot locations

Hello all,
I would appreciate some advice on where to install the fuel dots and the Revolver. I don't want it on the cowl, and in front of the wing near the firewall area doesn't have much space and that's where I think it would have to go but I'd have to install some plywood since in front of the wing is mostly ultracote. I'd have to back that area with plywood to even consider installing it there plus I'd be concerned that when refueling the tube would be above the landing gear and wheel pants and I don't know if the fuel would damage it. Any suggestions on where you install them would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Pat
Old 07-18-2015, 09:51 PM
Indiomike
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I put mine about 1 1/2 inches aft of the cowl on left side fuselage. I had to glue in a piece of ply to attach the fuel dot. Pretty much like you described in your post. I've had no issues with gas affecting the landing gear or wheel pants.
Old 07-19-2015, 01:31 AM
PDF

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thank you very much for the reply, after thinking about it I really shouldn't have an issue with the fuel spillage.
Thanks again,
Pat