Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Anybody dealt with General Hobby?

Old 10-15-2015, 10:55 AM
timlan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Anybody dealt with General Hobby?

I ordered an airplane from them Sunday(10-10-15) and now its Thursday(10-15-15) and I havent heard anything from them. I sent an email and called twice and left messages. I am starting to worry a little. Although I payed by PayPal so I can get a refund if it comes to that.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:33 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

General hobby problem
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1637698
http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=83753
Old 10-15-2015, 03:34 PM
shooboy
My Feedback: (52)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I ordered the SE5a biplane from them and it arrived in a normal fashion. I did have an issue with the kit as the lower middle wing section fit fine on one side but had a large gap on the other side. I had to send it back and eat the shipping cost but I did get my money back. I think you just need to not worry and give them a little time and you'll get your order. And since you paid with paypal it's really a non-issue, Shoo
Old 10-15-2015, 03:53 PM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just received a plane from them. Took 5 days from the day I ordered it to arrive as ordered and undamaged. The only thing I noticed was that the USPS tracking was terrible, as in non existent. As USPS tracking is generally pretty good, and I have no clue how General might affect that, no choice but to assume they have a really crappy local office handling their shipments.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:22 PM
hawkerone
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've bought over 10 models from them and never had a problem, but I'm perhaps more patient than you. If you ordered on 10/10/15 I show that as a Sat. Most shipping isn't active on weekends so probably nothing happening until Tues the 13th. I've never gotten anything much quicker than five working days but don't know where you're located. I'd suggest relax and be a bit more patient and you'll likely have your model shortly. Paypal will take care of you up to 45 days I believe, so not much risk of losing your money if something really does go bad, which I don't expect. All my models have been good quality and never had anything broken or missing so can't tell you much concerning any customer service.

Last edited by hawkerone; 10-24-2015 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:44 AM
timlan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ok, its been 7 working days and no airplane. And no response to several emails and telephone calls. This is BS.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:45 PM
cotman
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've ordered a couple of planes from them.... not the fastest on delivery... but you do get your planes. Check your e-bay account. It useually gives a phone number that's different then the one on there web site. I knoe I've used that one when I had to call them. Hope this helps..... but hang in there..... you'll receive your plane
Old 10-24-2015, 05:22 AM
timlan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Called them twice this past Wed. After second call and no answer. They called me back. Chinese guy was nice and said plane would arrive on Fri. It showed up on Thurs. Very nice plane. Still dont like no communciation for almost two weeks. The Chinese just dont care about or dont know about customer service. They have very good prices and looks like decent quality products. No manual came with plane, but I dont need one anyway. I will have to think hard about buying from Them again.
Old 10-24-2015, 12:02 PM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

look through the packing material for a not so well marked 1/2 normal sized CD disk. That's your directions.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:18 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by timlan View Post
Called them twice this past Wed. After second call and no answer. They called me back. Chinese guy was nice and said plane would arrive on Fri. It showed up on Thurs. Very nice plane. Still dont like no communciation for almost two weeks. The Chinese just dont care about or dont know about customer service. They have very good prices and looks like decent quality products. No manual came with plane, but I dont need one anyway. I will have to think hard about buying from Them again.
There are some pretty crappy home grown American Citizen vendors too,, what does his Race have to do with it?

Always cracks me up when guys seek out the cheapest place to buy something and then complain about the quality if the item or the CS of the vendor.. Some things never change,,, you get what you pay for.

I'm currently assembling a Fly Models 50cc edge bought from the guy in the classifieds, for $439 shipped it's a great value,, haven't even bothered popping in the disk,, pretty sure the plans will be useless.
Old 10-25-2015, 01:35 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Did you get version 2 of the Edge?
Old 10-25-2015, 02:38 PM
scale only 4 me

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

how would I know?
Old 10-25-2015, 02:58 PM
tailskid

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

On the CD they show the 'old' plane and on the new one, at the end of the video, they show new pictures showing the improvements. I have a 'ThunderBird' (30cc) that is a version 2 and one of these days I'm going to finish it!
Old 10-25-2015, 03:21 PM
scale only 4 me

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

huum, I might have tossed the cd,, I'll look around
Old 10-25-2015, 03:26 PM
tailskid

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mine was taped to the side of box! and yes, you can pitch it out easily.......I think version 2 had Carbon Fiber spars in the fuse....v1 did not.

Jerry
Old 10-25-2015, 03:28 PM
scale only 4 me

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

cd isn't coming up on my computer?? oh well
Old 10-25-2015, 03:29 PM
scale only 4 me

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Original ad add says V2
Old 10-25-2015, 09:12 PM
CafeenMan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
I just received a plane from them. Took 5 days from the day I ordered it to arrive as ordered and undamaged. The only thing I noticed was that the USPS tracking was terrible, as in non existent. As USPS tracking is generally pretty good, and I have no clue how General might affect that, no choice but to assume they have a really crappy local office handling their shipments.
I have a lot of problems with tracking through UPS and USPS. The first problem is the seller not sending a tracking number in the first place. Then when I do have one it's not updated in the system. Something will ship from California and will show it's in Nevada for 3 days and then it's "Out for delivery" with nothing in between. I live in Florida.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:19 AM
hawkerone
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by CafeenMan View Post
I have a lot of problems with tracking through UPS and USPS. The first problem is the seller not sending a tracking number in the first place. Then when I do have one it's not updated in the system. Something will ship from California and will show it's in Nevada for 3 days and then it's "Out for delivery" with nothing in between. I live in Florida.

I have experienced exactly the same problems. Fedex seems a little better, USPS being the worst. Hardly anything the shipper can do other than make sure you get the tracking number. I check the tracking and see the item is turned over to the transport agency usually very quickly, after that it's beyond either of our control. HobbyKing is notorious for sitting on orders for often days and weeks with no communication and no shipping, worthless customer service. Have had to go back thru PayPal several times to get a refund after 2 to 3 weeks, but never experienced that with General. One time I ordered a plane and it apparently was sold out in the meantime. I got an e-mail almost immediately that they were going to check the warehouse as they did show one. Got another e-mail not long after that the questionable one in stock showed some minor damage and they wouldn't sell it and they refunded my money thru PayPal immediately. Can't fault that.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:07 PM
Prop_Washer2
My Feedback: (26)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I received a Dynam F4U Corsair (50" WS) last week, $40.00 cheaper than Motion RC, and the week before got an F-22 Raptor 70mm with Retracts for $179.00 and $12-14 shipping. All got here within 7 or 8 workdays. Took about 2 or 3 days to ship after ordering, no biggie as I like the lower prices. Like they say in business..."You can have it Fast, You can have it Cheap or You can have it Correct"...pick any two of those three options...!!!

BTW: I've never seen a USPS Tracking Number work worth a damn and I have 82 ARF's plus Motors plus other stuff in the boxes sitting in my garage to prove it. I guess you can call me a "Heavy Buyer"....