Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Tower Kaos 40 or Great Planes Big Stik 40?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Tower Kaos 40 or Great Planes Big Stik 40?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 08:26 PM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Tower Kaos 40 or Great Planes Big Stik 40?

Considering these planes. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Tom Nied; 12-10-2015 at 03:30 AM.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:50 AM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Those are both good (GREAT!) sport planes, highly aerobatic in the right hands, but that's about where the similarity ends. The Kaos will be the faster flying of the 2 (noticeably faster) with greater stability for precision flying, and great wind penetration. The Stick will be the more laid back/comfortable flier, with lower take off and landing speeds. My thoughts anyway... -Al

Last edited by ahicks; 12-10-2015 at 06:52 AM.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:19 AM
bhady

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd go with the Kaos a great flying and is well built. I've flown one for many years and plan on always having one around. It can be flown quite fast but can be slowed down for landing.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:32 AM
kmeyers

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ahicks
Those are both good (GREAT!) sport planes, highly aerobatic in the right hands, but that's about where the similarity ends. The Kaos will be the faster flying of the 2 (noticeably faster) with greater stability for precision flying, and great wind penetration. The Stick will be the more laid back/comfortable flier, with lower take off and landing speeds. My thoughts anyway... -Al
+1
I will add both are great airplanes.

You need to decide what type of flying you will use it for:
Speed get a pylon plane
Aerobatics get the Kaos
Sport (larger weather and conditions envelope) get the Stick
Scale get something scale
Old 12-16-2015, 12:18 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree that both are Great planes . Now what kind of flying do you DO NOW ? If you are advanced then the Kaos could be for you . If you have just started flying / soloed then you might need to look at the Stick. This is a great sport and shouldn't be rushed, take your time and "Smell the rose's " . ENJOY !!! RED
Old 12-16-2015, 04:27 PM
Tom Nied

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

The reason I put the question out there was that I'm thinking of retiring (junking) an Avistar that I've bashed up enough. It's kind of a long story where I changed the original dynamics by converting it from a tricycle gear to a conventional tail dragger. Making it a phenomenal ground looper on takeoff. Low wind days it's not bad, but just a regular breeze can make it spin around. I could fix it one more time, but not sure if I want to invest the time or money to convert it back to stock. It is fixable.
I recently completed a Tower Uproar that I have flown and certainly enjoy. I'd consider my flying skill level as novice, but would like to expand to my skills. I'm pretty much just a sport flier. Not sure what I want to do and guess was thinking maybe between the two I could whip one of them together without too much trouble. WITHOUT MODIFYING it TOM!

Last edited by Tom Nied; 12-16-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 07:49 PM
gringle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My two cents.... both are amazing. I have flown both and love them both. You can not go wrong either way. So if they are both a blast then let cost dictate. Which one is cheaper?