Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Kangke usa brand

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Kangke usa brand

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 04:29 PM
gbfan
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kangke usa brand

Hey there guys,

I was thinking of purchasing one of these Kangke usa planes
I was thinking of the Howard DGA 12 1/4 scale arf

Does anyone have one of these planes
How is the quality
What about this company are they still in buisness
where are they located

Thanks for any info
GBFAN
Old 03-22-2016, 01:14 AM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I purchased one about a year ago, quality is very good, yes they are still in business,
give them a call they may have "Unadvertised Specials", will be assembling mine in the
coming weeks, getting it ready for the late Spring flying if the rains will ever stop!!! Power
to be either NGH 38CC 4-cycle or JC Evo 30.

Here is a link on one that a guy did : http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/arf-...-dga-12-a.html
and another where is was slightly "kit bashed" and recovered: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post31024781
Old 03-22-2016, 03:39 PM
scaleman57
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had the Howard a few years ago , a great looking bird easy to build flew great with a DLE30RE. Was hard to see in the air as it was all blue,I had to keep it close to see what end was up.I sold it on RCU went quickly,I wouldn't mind having another GO FOR IT.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:15 PM
Carlos G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi GBfan,

I too have a Kangke Howard. I got mine used and it needed of bit of work ( bad takeoff by previous owner). It is a well constructed plane and really the main thing that sort of detracts from it is the oversize wheel pants.
Like Bill D. says they look allot like "Clown Shoes". Check Bill's solution for this problem. I hope to have it ready for this summer's flying season.

It would have been nice if the model was a different color too. Hobby King light blue plastic film covering is a pretty darn close match for color should you need to patch any holes in the film.

Carlos G.