Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Super Tigre 2000 - Perfect match for a Christian Eagle from Hanger 9... or sell?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Super Tigre 2000 - Perfect match for a Christian Eagle from Hanger 9... or sell?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 11:37 AM
HitecMan
My Feedback: (43)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Tigre 2000 - Perfect match for a Christian Eagle from Hanger 9... or sell?

I purchased a ACE RC Big Bingo a couple of years back and the guy who built the plane had this brand new ST 2000 on the front of the plane, and from all accounts that should have been a severely underpowered combo... so instead I am selling the ST and putting that $$ towards a Zenoah G38..

But before I do I want to ask you guys if this engine would be a nice compliment to the Hanger 9 Christian Eagle .60-.90? The sound of this engine just turning over with a Bisson pitts muffler is pretty badass. The eagle is the next plane on the table for me so I wanted to make sure this engine isn't the right fit before I sold it.

Thank you for any and al opinions, Tyler!
Old 12-12-2016, 07:02 PM
2walla
My Feedback: (10)

The guy that built the bingo was right on for power..The supertiger has a great power to weight ratio and if the plane will balance with it you are in the older gas engine 40cc territory.. you will be a wash with the g38 and a pound or two heavier... On the eagle it may be a bit heavy... I would suggest if you have ran it that you fly the bingo and see what it really does-- my dad flew that plane and supertiger 2500 for a long time.. I would go dle20 on the eagle personally .. The tiger is a lot heavier than most 2stroke 90 and that plane just isn't that big... actually if you could find one an RCS140 would be great...
Old 12-13-2016, 04:41 PM
HitecMan
My Feedback: (43)

Thanks for the reply 2walla! I still have everything included for the ST 2000, maybe I should give it a run and see if it can haul this sled around... the Bingo is not a light bird!