Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

ESM Models - Covering Wrinkles:

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

ESM Models - Covering Wrinkles:

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 05:14 PM
Electriceddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESM Models - Iron ON Painted Covering Wrinkles:

Hi Guys,

I know that this has been asked before, however just wondering in regards to ESM Models, since the Covering is an Iron ON & Painted over covering:

I am wondering if anyone has come up with the best method or another method other then the Cloth Covered Iron & Heat Gun method.

Actually using an iron covered with a cloth or that method combined with a Heat Gun is most likely the best method to date that I am aware of.
  • But has anyone hit on the Specific Iron temp for the Iron being used to remove the wrinkles on the ESM painted covering???
I have a Digital Infrared Temp Gun, so I can specifically test and set my Iron Temp. I would rather not burn thru the covering or burn up the paint by trial and error !!!

Thanks Guys,

Eddie

Last edited by Electriceddie; 01-21-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:07 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi,
I use a heat gun...and start far off from the material...and sloooooly work closer to the covering, until it tightens up. Use extreme caution...go slow...and it will do the trick.
Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui