Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Seagull or VQ models?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Seagull or VQ models?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 06:07 PM
Gar35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seagull or VQ models?

How is the quality of these two companies? I've never owned a plane made by either. Both make a Cessna 188 Agwagon ARF that I am interested in. Thanks.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:49 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I have owned several Seagull arf's. All were well built and flew fine. Cannot speak about VQ models but did business with Tomas and found him to be an honorable man.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:48 AM
hsukaria

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have assembled and built a couple of Seagull ARFs (Harrier 46 and Ultimate 46). Both were great except maybe the landing gear and pushrods. But that can be said about any ARF anyway. I also have had experience with Phoenix model, I like them better. I know a couple of guys at our club with a VQModel Taipan and one of their warbirds (the Soviet one). They fly great but come with pre-printed stick-on covering (aka shelf paper). As a matter of fact, I think most or all the VQModel ARFs come with pre-printed stick-on covering. That is something to think about.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:14 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi Guys,
I have built and flown several VQ models and the customer service I get from Tomas at VQ Warbirds is outstanding...maybe the best in the business. All the VQ models I have flown come with a stick-on covering. I'm not jumping with joy with the covering...but the models fly well. I've built the B-26 Invader, P-51B Red tail, P-51D and P-38. The .40 ~ .46 size airframes are built well enough to handle .60 size glow and their .60 size will handle a S.T. G90 well.
Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui