Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Question on SIG Rascal

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Question on SIG Rascal

Old 10-10-2018, 01:49 PM
Murphey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on SIG Rascal

I "inherited" a slightly used SIG Rascal...only needs a few repairs and a new cowl. I thought it was a Rascal 80, but turns out to have a 72" wingspan. A 72" Rascal is not currently listed on the SIG website. Did SIG ever make a 72" Rascal?

Thanks
M
Old 10-10-2018, 08:00 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes they did. It was the "Rascal 40 ARF". It did not have a separate removable cowl. The engine bay area was part of the wooden fuselage structure and was configured for an inverted engine installation, open on the bottom and covered on the top. The engine bay was very narrow and difficult to work in so someone may have just cut it off. You will not find a replacement cowl for it as it never had one. The plane is a great flyer and well worth fixing and flying. You will have to get creative on the missing cowl though.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:33 AM
Murphey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Larry. I had been thinking about just making a balsa cowl anyway...cheaper and easier.
M