Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

AMD Gee Bee arf?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

AMD Gee Bee arf?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 11:40 PM
cubflipper02
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMD Gee Bee arf?

Just purchased one of these through www.excelhobby.com.Anybody out there have any expierence with this plane?
Old 01-29-2003, 04:54 PM
cubflipper02
Banned

Default AMD Gee Bee arf?

The airplane just came in today,and from what I've seen so far all I can say is WOW.Super nice fiberglass fuse and wheel pants,cowl came damaged but a new one is being sent out.Film covered wings and tail with no flaws or wrinkles at all.Get this,hinge points instead of ca hinges!First time I've ever seen that.They even include a bottle of ca and an extra set of tires(the tires have got me wondering though)The instructions are a little different,instead of a booklet,it comes with one large sheet of paper,with color photos and instructions captioning the photos,this page is printed front and back.Of course I havent flown it yet,but this truely is the best arf out of the box I've owned yet.I'll be using an asp 1.20 fourstroke for power.
Old 01-29-2003, 05:18 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default AMD Gee Bee arf?

I've never heard of that brand. What are the specs? Which GB is it "Z" -"R2"- "Y" ?
What kind of street price? later daveo
Old 01-29-2003, 07:40 PM
rtn9105
My Feedback: (35)

Default AMD Gee Bee arf?

You can see some of their planes at the sites below. These sites however don't have any info about the GEE BEE listed. Some pretty nice looking other planes though.

http://www.hkpol.org/template/0013/template.htm
http://www.amd.org.hk/index.shtml
Old 01-29-2003, 08:54 PM
cubflipper02
Banned

Default AMD Gee Bee arf?

Here is link to one company that is going to sell,although I dont know if they have gotten them in stock yet.
http://www.kmp.ca/esm/products/geebee.htm
I bought mine from www.excelhobby.com,I paid $399.00 and it was worth every penny.It's got a 71 inch wingspan,its an R2 version,I'll be powering mine with a asp 1.20 fourstroke just because I want to try their newer engines.The cowl on this thing is so big you could fit a gasser in there if you wanted.I talked to another fella who bought one also thats going to power his with a saito 1.80,I've got a feeling that might be a bit much.I hate to sound like a kid with a new toy,but the further I get into the airplane,the more and more I really like it.This is a superb arf.
http://www.excelhobby.com/excel_hobby_046.htm[/S]
Old 01-30-2003, 11:31 PM
cubflipper02
Banned

Default AMD Gee Bee arf?

One thing I hate,chuck the pushrods,clevis's and horns.Total junk.The threaded ends on the pushrods are barely threaded,actually looks like they are stripped.I did make them work by soldering them together though,just leaves you with no adjustments.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:15 PM
Jamestat2

I just purchased one of these from the classifieds here. New in the box and I have no clue about it! It is a pristine arf! I have not seen an equal in quality! It is totally out of this world top quality!

Does anyone have a link to a build thread for this? The instructions are crap!

I just want to communicate with some people who have or have had this kit. Thanks for any help!