Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

DAVE PATRICK ULTIMATE 1.20

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

DAVE PATRICK ULTIMATE 1.20

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 01:12 AM
BROKE STAB
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DAVE PATRICK ULTIMATE 1.20

HAS ANYONE FLOWN OR SEEN A DAVE PATRICK 1.20 WITH A MOKI 1.80?
I HAVE SEEN THEM WITH SAITO 1.80 AND THE FLY PRETTY GOOD.
BUT I GOT ONE GOOD DEAL ON A MOKI 1.80 AND BRISSON MUFFLER AND WOULD LIKE TO USE IT ON THE ULTIMATE.I HAVE BEEN WAITING UNTIL THIS TIME OF THE YEAR TO PUT IT TOGETHER AND WANT AS MUCH BANG FOR MY BUCK AS POSSIBLE.[sm=drowning.gif]
Old 11-09-2003, 08:55 AM
trroscoe
My Feedback: (39)

Default RE: DAVE PATRICK ULTIMATE 1.20

Do you already have the plane. If not good luck getting one. I called Dave Patrick models to see if I could get one. The told me they were on backorder for the last 4 months and were not expecting some more until January. All of the planes they get are already spoken for. I sure would like to get my hands on the new yellow one.

Rick
Old 11-09-2003, 11:01 AM
BROKE STAB

YEAH I ALREADY HAVE ONE IT HAS BEEN WAITING FOR ME TO PUT TOGETHER SINCE JULY.
SOME ONE AT THE LOCAL HOBBY SHOP ORDERED ONE AND THEN CANCELED HIS ORDER AND I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE RIGHT THERE TO PICK IT UP FOR 357.00 PLUS TAX.
AWESOME LOOKING AIRPLANE AND LOOKS TO BE BUILT VERY WELL.I MIGHT STIFFEN THE FIREWALL ALITTLE BIT JUST TO MAKE SURE IT IS STRONG ENOUGH.
THE TAIL WHEEL IS A BIT OF A JOKE BUT OTHER THAN THAT IT DOES HAVE SOME VERY GOOD HARDWARE.
A GUY AT THE LOCAL FEILD HAD A SERVO POP THRU THE TOP OF HIS LOWER WING MOUNTING BLOCKS AND ALL. SO A GUESS I WILL FIND A WAY TO MAKE SURE IT DOES NOT HAPPEN TO ME. I WOULD NOT HAVE BELIEVED IT IF I WAS NOT STANDING RIGHT THERE.
RIGHT THRU THE COVERING AND ALL.HIS WAS AN ALMOST READY TO COVER SO I DONT KNOW IF HE BUSTED SOMETHING LOOSE OR IT JUST LET GO .[>:]
Old 11-09-2003, 12:50 PM
CAP232CM
My Feedback: (8)

I have the Moki 1.8 on mine and I must say it's totally unlimited. The Moki will give you plenty of bang for the buck. Just remember to keep the speed down it will do anything at half throttle or less. I only have 2 flights on mine with this setup. Good luck with yours.
Old 11-09-2003, 06:03 PM
BROKE STAB

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
WHAT SIZE PROP ARE YOU TURNING AND WHAT WAS THE WEIGHT ON YOURS WHEN YOU WERE DONE?
MIKE MCMURTRY OUR LOCAL SHOP OWNER SAID TO BE CAREFUL IN WATCHING THE WEIGHT, SO HOW DID YOURS BALANCE OUT AND HOW MUCH WEIGHT DID YOU HAVE TO ADD TO THE TAIL?
THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP.[:@]
Old 11-09-2003, 11:23 PM
CAP232CM

throttlestick,

I'm running an 18x8 apc prop. I don't know the weight because I don't have a scale or anything to weight it on. I didn't have to add any weight to balance, rudder servo in the tail, elevator servo up front using a bell crank, battery at recommend location.
Old 11-11-2003, 05:53 PM
trroscoe

Has anyone tried the MDS 1.48 or and ASP 1.08 in this plane yet? I have one of each and am looking for a plane to put them in. I have a chance to buy an ultimate 120 for a very good price and would like to know if one of these engines would fly this plane good. Not looking to 3D it just sport flying.

Rick
Old 11-11-2003, 07:08 PM
CAP232CM

A Webra 120 is the perfect match for this plane. I think your asp 108 would be way too small but the mds 148 will work just fine.

If you use the 148 make sure it's reliable a bi plane won't dead stick in like a trainer it will drop like a rock. I had the older Mds with carb problems, just make sure you have the new style carb.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:47 AM
nyrcpilot
My Feedback: (5)

What type of flying? What is your experience level, would not recommend the moki 1.80 if you are fairly new, and the stock landing gear might not work with the wieght of the moki

I run a saito 1.50 in mine with a custom 17x6 prop, mg digitals on tail, nylon digitals on wings. got mine down to 10.5 lbs with lipo battery.

Love the plane, will hover but not a "blast" out of it, plenty of power for all pattern moves and all 3d! i will say this plane got better and better as I shaved wieght.

My friend has the same plane with os 1.60 with a pitts muffler, nicad pack, no cf gear, mg servos on wings, he came in at 13.2 lbs!

His will blast out, and has much more power on uplines, mine with 3d much better. His has wing rock in harrier, mine does not. We both feel more comfortable low and slow with mine, but his is a blast for verticle take off. Mine will land at near walking pace, his is a different story, the gear has been through his bottom wing.....twice!

This winter he plans on switching to a saito 1.80 and doing the best to lighten in up.
Old 11-12-2003, 05:52 PM
BROKE STAB

HOW WELL DOES YOUR ULTI DO 3D.THE ONE AT THE LOCAL FIELD DOES DO PRETTY GOOD
AND SEEMS TO HAVE A VERY SOFT LANDING HABITS.IT IS BEING FLOWN WITH A SAITO
1.80 AND DOES VERY GOOD HARRIERS. I.E. NO WING WOBBLE OR BAD HABITS.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:48 PM
trroscoe

which of these two engines would be the better one to use. I have a new in the box MDS 1.48 or a used (only about 10 flights) Super Tigre G-2300. Both of these engines are avaliable to me from a friend. I just have to decide which one I want to use.

Rick
Old 11-12-2003, 11:30 PM
Robotech
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: CAP232CM

A Webra 120 is the perfect match for this plane. I think your asp 108 would be way too small but the mds 148 will work just fine.

If you use the 148 make sure it's reliable a bi plane won't dead stick in like a trainer it will drop like a rock. I had the older Mds with carb problems, just make sure you have the new style carb.
I have a Webra 1.20 in mine and just love it. Plenty of power and flies light. A fellow flyer got his about the same time and thought he was going to blow mine out of the sky with his "bargain" MDS 1.48. After fighting one deadstick after another he quit bringing the plane to the field.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:56 PM
Major catastrophe
My Feedback: (9)

I have a question for CAP232CM.
I have A DP Ultimate also and I would to know what type of mount is out there that I could use with a Moki 1.80.
I've looked at the Horizon web site and found nothing. The only mount I can find is for the Moki 2.1 and it's made by J-Tec.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:35 PM
CAP232CM

I used the stock mount but I had to trim the side are some.

Hanger 9 (Horizon) makes a metal Ultra mount that would be better, part #HAN2033.