Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Seeking Opinions of Vietnam Models

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Seeking Opinions of Vietnam Models

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 05:51 AM
Hypter
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pheonix Sukhoi and Giles are a great bargain!

I agree with ptgarcia...

The Phoenix Sukhoi is awsome, perfect fit, flawless, quality iron on covering. It was extremely well built, the pre-glued and pined hinges are a plus. Its was definitely a joy to put together. I got mine at $100, and it was money well spent, I would pay the full price ($129) for them with no question asked. The only bad thing I have heard about them was Tower Hobbies being out of stock. So far I haven't seen a better bang for your buck in any other ARF. I have heard that these come very very close to the Kyosho Sukhoi in quality. To say the least -- this thing is unbelievable!
Old 12-08-2003, 08:21 AM
Mac-

I wonder if the Phoenix and BlackHorse Sukhoi ARTFs are the same kit?

The pre-painted fibreglass cowl of my my BH Sukhoi is incredible considering the price of the kit. And the wood quality's not bad either!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51909.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	80682   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mi22075.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	80683  
Old 12-08-2003, 10:30 AM
Hypter
My Feedback: (2)

I wonder if the Phoenix and BlackHorse Sukhoi ARTFs are the same kit?

The pre-painted fibreglass cowl of my my BH Sukhoi is incredible considering the price of the kit. And the wood quality's not bad either!
I remember the picture on the side of my box the Sukhoi came it... Looks just like yours with the black "SU 31" stickers on the wings. The Phoenix came with red letters with a black backdrop. I did notice in your picture that where the wing is seated on the fuse that you have a slot for your wing brace, mine on the other hand has 2 holes for dowl rods that are on the wing. Other than that, they look identical. What are the spec's on the Blackhorse? wingspan / length etc...
Old 12-08-2003, 10:48 AM
Mac-

The BH Sukhoi

Wingspan...55 inches
Length....49 inches
4-channel
Engine .46 - .53 2/stroke
All up weight around 6 1/2 - 7 lbs.

Name:	Rp44341.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	80704   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65583.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	80705  
Old 12-08-2003, 11:33 AM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

I beleive they are one in the same.

Macx, did you paint your landing gear red or did they come that way? Mine came o'natural.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:34 PM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jeffhines13

Hello

DOnt know if this one is in the states yet but it seems here in australia we get the v-mar and seagull kits before you guys I have the new seagull A-T6 texan and im telling you this is the best ARF I have ever seen it is all lazer cut comes with retracs or fixed gear wing span is 74 inchs and all in all a very nice flyer mine has a supertiger 90 2s in it and it flys like a racer but very easy to land like a big trainer I do have flaprons on it witch help it slow down I also have the v-mar PC-9 and like wise it is a very good plane and also the seagull spacewalker is a nice planes too but the little seagull texan the 40 size is a **** of a plane crashed mine about five time then tollaly rebuilt it took as much wieght out of the back of it i could and now she is allright to fly heres some pics of the new 60 size seagull texan enjoy

that Texan looks sharp! Id be interested in seeing one when they arrive here. What do you think of its appearance scale wise? is it somewhat close to the real thing?

regards
Old 12-08-2003, 12:41 PM
Mac-

ORIGINAL: ptgarcia

I believe they are one in the same.

Macx, did you paint your landing gear red or did they come that way? Mine came o'natural.

My landing gear came pre-painted red!
Old 12-08-2003, 12:44 PM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

That BH Sukhoi looks identical to my Phoenix model. Mine came in at 5lbs 10Oz. with a Tower Hobbies 46 and 5 standard servos. Just flew it for the first time on Sunday - great flyer. I don't normally get into these small planes, but the Tower deal was too good to pass up.

I also have a Seagull Razzle 3D. Same great quality, wait no, make that EXCCELENT quality. Looks like they are made in the same factory as the Phoenix Models. I would not hesitate buying another model made in Vietnam, by either of these brands or similar. I only wish either Hobbico or Horizon would import their 1.20 Sukhoi. I would buy that one in a heartbeat.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:47 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

I'd buy the 120 Sukhoi also. Looks nice, and if its anything like the 40-size it will fly nice also.
Old 12-12-2003, 08:19 AM
rich141

i hade a black horse travleair early this summer purchessd from buckner hobbys NY it was a grate flying arf. the covering was was stiky back shelf paper and on the therd flight the pre pinned elavator pulled out and in she want.i sent evedence to buckner and never recived a replay.now i repin all prepinned hinges on rtf kits with tooth piks.one ecanomicle plane i recomend is the pheonix fun stare sold at tower at $109.i used a with a super tigre 40 she has as eye cathing really well done covering.aand a really nice fiber glass cowl. lading gear is flimsy and needs to be replaced.i just drilled the installd 1/2 in play wood block and replced it with alumnum landing gear.its a real delight to fly.verry aorbick and it is a verry stable in high wind and its a blast to land it all most hovers down.a guy at our filed has a sea gull razzle and it is with out a doubt the same manufactuer.
Old 12-12-2003, 08:23 AM
rich141

ORIGINAL: rich141

i hade a black horse travleair early this summer purchessd from buckner hobbys NY it was a grate flying arf. the covering was was stiky back shelf paper and on the therd flight the pre pinned elavator pulled out and in she want.i sent evedence to buckner and never recived a replay.now i repin all prepinned hinges on rtf kits with tooth piks.one ecanomicle plane i recomend is the pheonix fun stare sold at tower at $109.i used a with a super tigre 40 she has as eye cathing really well done covering.aand a really nice fiber glass cowl. lading gear is flimsy and needs to be replaced.i just drilled the installd 1/2 in play wood block and replced it with alumnum landing gear.its a real delight to fly.verry aorbick and it is a verry stable in high wind and its a blast to land it all most hovers down.a guy at our filed has a sea gull razzle and it is with out a doubt the same manufactuer.
i buy em. i build em. i fly em. i crash em. i buy more. do you think i have a bug
Rich 141 Galveston TX
Old 01-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Mattzipper

Default RE: Seeking Opinions of Vietnam Models

does anyone know the CofG for a blackhorse extra 300s The 58" wingspan version? cheers matt
Old 01-29-2007, 12:33 PM
Mattzipper

does anyone know the CofG for a blackhorse extra 300s The 58" wingspan version? cheers matt
Old 01-29-2007, 07:42 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

vmars new line of prop jets look good but for $349 ??? plus shipping that is a big chance
Old 01-29-2007, 10:21 PM
JS615

I have all the vmar propjets except the f18 and they are great... As far as im concerned they are putting out some good planes right now......
Old 02-21-2007, 04:08 PM
locolobot

I have had the Seagull Decathlon and the Phoenix Seabee. I have flown both and will buy some more of them. They are as well built as some more expensive ARF's that I have bought and flew.

Name:	Vt57983.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	626663   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78826.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	626664   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr53667.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	626665  
Old 02-21-2007, 04:11 PM
locolobot

Also had the Seagull Zero and liked it . Models are prehinged and that is great. the zero has split elevators andare y connected which did not like so I used a computer radio and two servos. Liked that setup much better.

Name:	Vt58204.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	626674  
Old 02-21-2007, 04:14 PM
aldelp
My Feedback: (76)

Phoenix has some great flying airplanes at very low cost. I have flown many of their diffeent airplanes and have been very happy with them. Great value!
Old 02-22-2007, 09:53 AM
IronCross

I have built a couple of Vmars and both the frame and covering were cra*p.... Would not touch one again... Customer service with Richmand was totaly frustrating.... I have both the Seagull and Pheonix Super Decathlons and love them.. They are even covered using Ultracote... Some of the best values out there IMHO
Old 02-22-2007, 11:27 AM
JS615

I have two pheonix planes,,, and they are very well built, but i belive they come from the same factory that vmars are made over in vietnam....?????????..I have alot of the newer vmar planes and i have no complaints, they are very good, i have no more hassles with them then i do with any other make of rc plane.....And as far as richmond rc customer service, i have been treated better by them then any other company. including horizon and tower hobbies,, alot better!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2007, 03:33 AM
3DDino

i love my blackhorse h9 81"ws genitalia cap clone with TS52
it helped me transition effortlessly to gasoline powered
solid structural design esp landing gear geometry, 2-piece wing for fast on field assembly
above average wood
awesome flying charateristics, no tipstall even at walking pace, landing is a piece of cake
plane + TS52 + electronics = 14.5 lbs
honest to scale, 1300 in2, 77" spinner to tail
3ds like no others ..... best of all costed usd220/ arf kit
rc world best kept secret ........ thx
Old 02-23-2007, 04:35 AM
martenson

Hi.

I bougt a REAL nice blackhourse P-47 thunderbolt last year, and I liked it so much that I bougt one more just in case
The quality is exelent, laser cut parts, pre installed linkage, and nice and solid parts.
One not so good item was the retracts and small wheels, I fly of grass so it's tuffer on those parts.

I would buy a Blackhourse plane again for sure.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:07 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

RCU Policies prevent me from making the post that I would so much like to make here. Have a great day Gentlemen.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 02-23-2007, 05:47 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

If the subject on the source is referring to V-Mar , no matter how hard I try to search for a good post it is very difficult . I just encountered a another friend on RCU telling me that Ceremark will soon release an F18 prop jet . In the same post someone said , you know v-mar has one , well 40 people jumped out and said run away --dont walk but run from vmar .
The prop jest list at $349 plus shipping delivered at $399 , with the risk to quality involved why bother .
Lets face it Vietnam has never been known for technolgy , besides the terrible war we all remember its know for "cheap labor " . Unlike its counter parts that are so big in exporting rc goods one can only assume that all of the lower cost on product coming from Vietnam are based on very low to nill wages in the worse conditions in the world .

On the opposite side many of the China product also based on very low wages also make an attempt to have some manuafacturing expertise in R&D and actually putting out a better product . I think the differance is that China is better at copying , and Vietnam is just better at cheap !
Old 02-23-2007, 09:20 AM
IronCross

As I said before.. I have a Pheonix and Seagull model and they are right up there with the rest.. Unlike Vmar which has given this part of the world such a bad rep they use laser cut BALSA and plywood parts.. Everthing seems to fit well... A lot of the hardware is usable... and they are covered in Ultracote/Oracote....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.