Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

u-can-do 60

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

u-can-do 60

Old 09-18-2008, 05:49 PM
HoverLoW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: u-can-do 60

ORIGINAL: gunfighterII

Hover,
I went with the 3010 on the rudder and 9001's everywhere else, when I replace my UCD I will probably go with 9202's I had probably 200 flights without incident.

My UCD went in due to a servo wire coming out of the RX on the split elevators, I had it set up thru the ailevator program and the channel 8 wire came out.
Not a good thing as one surface deflects about 20 degrees and the other goes dead. This leads to death spiral into ground.

Wow dude!! That's bad... Radio problems is really a sh*t. There's just a few things to do to try to save the aircraft in this kind of situation.

But you should replace it. I love my UCD. It is the funniest plane I own. Did you see the mods I've made in mine?? There's some pics some messages above...

Old 04-27-2010, 01:25 PM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

A cry for help.

Has anyone got a horizontal stab with eelevators included laying around that they don't need?

I sure could do with one and if anyone could help it will be appreciated greatly
Old 10-06-2010, 02:23 PM
dporter

Maybe I missed it somewhere in the 64 pages of posts, but can someone tell me exactly which TruTurn or other aluminum spinner to get for this ARF if I'm installing a 91FS? The TruTurn website says their standard 2 1/4" spinner only takes up to a 12/6 prop, so did you guys go up to a 2 1/2" or go with the longer Ultimate spinner?
Old 10-19-2010, 10:29 AM
dporter

Nobody responded so I ordered the Tru Turn 2 1/4" wide blade spinner, but when I tried installing it I discovered that the supplied center cap screw is too long and contacts the end of the prop shaft before it secures the spinner to the back plate. What am I doing wrong?

If I'm supposed to cut the cap screw why don't the instructions say so? And for the cost of what's supposed to be a high quality spinner/adapter, shouldn't they check to make sure their hardware is correct?
Old 10-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Kostas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suggest you to cut the screw ,
but before you CUT , measure x2 (=twice )

I guess that we are reffering to a Socket Head Cap Screw! [8D]
Old 10-19-2010, 04:56 PM
R/C Darryl

I ran mine with 2 1/4 spinner with 14x6 prop originally, then updated it to 2 1/2 with 15x6 prop. the spinner is slighty bigger than the cowl and no one has noticed it. Its been awhile since i did this its either a tru turn or a dave brown spinner and i think i got the adapter from tower hobbies.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:07 PM
submikester
My Feedback: (6)

I've got one of these coming to me via my lovely and wonderful wife to makes sure I have most Sunday mornings available to fly...

I have two engines I could use. So far I'm only up to about page 30 on the reading... The two engines I have are a Magnum 91RFS (4 stroke) and a Magnum 120RFS (also a 4 stroke). The 120 is new in the box - never been run. The 91 (I have like 4 of these babies) runs like a champ, I usually pull a 14x6 on it for my sport planes. I read in the beginning of this thread that the 91 4 stroke was a good match. This engine has proven to run as well as an OS 91 SII (seriously scientific comparison - details can be provided).

The 120, well - If a 91FX is a good match then the 120 4 stroke should be a decent match though it is probably about 4 oz heavier. So which engine?

Further on the servos - the recommended are basically standard servos. Will that be cool? I will put a heavy duty on the rudder. I think I'll start off with the standards and then upgrade it to some Hitec 5485s (pending further review) or the Spectrum standard digital (which looks like a nice servo actually). I do not think this bird really needs some digitals but I have a new DX8 and I want to run it at the lower refresh rate (11ms) and you need digital to do that. It will be interesting to see the difference between the performance with digital and without.

Wish me luck! I will probably start on it in a couple of weeks...