Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

The new Pro Trainer! Maybe the best trainer plane ever?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

The new Pro Trainer! Maybe the best trainer plane ever?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 08:51 AM
boogerboy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The new Pro Trainer! Maybe the best trainer plane ever?

I like to dedicate my new plane to Mike Taylor the designer and builder of the original Pro Trainer. Alot of you have heard of the Pro Trainer, most probably haven't. Mike Taylor never had a computer in his short life or never cared about buying one. But He did build, design and manufacture probably the best trainer ever flown. It had a 48" wingspan with 9" of dihedral, 40" long and you could us a .25-.46 engine. Uses only rudder, elevator and throttle control. The extreme 9" dihedral made the plane correct itself no matter what position it was in when you let go of the sticks! His plane hit the scence about 1990. I first meet him going to fun flies trying to sell them. He'd demo how the plane would work for training then put on the dual rates and showed us a plane that would barrel roll like no other most of have ever seen! As many people were sport flyin' with them as training.
Even if you never heard of Mike you have seen his wing everywhere! The famous Pig combat plane, even Tattoo has a essay on how to build one just like it(that's where I learned how to make my coro one). Even though the kit isn't available anymore I can't remember when I've went to a fun-fly and somebody doesn't have one. It's a plane that will never go away or get old.
Everything is the same on my ARF version except is it's a Spad version and has a wider 12" cord on the 2mm coro wing. .46 engine, fullsize servo's and battery pack. American pvc fuse with some fancy polished landing gear I got in a box of junk I bought. All up weight dry is 4 pounds 8 oz's. Hope ya'll like it! Boogerboy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38871.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	96918   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33175.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	96919   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot47154.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	96920   Click image for larger version

Name:	Le93151.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	96921  
Old 02-03-2004, 12:00 PM
AcroJo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The new Pro Trainer! Maybe the best trainer plane ever?

Boogerboy, you look a little young to be flying, let alone building. At what age did you learn to type? Joe