Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

VNH LINE rc models ??anyone heard ??

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

VNH LINE rc models ??anyone heard ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 11:48 PM
flyhi2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VNH LINE rc models ??anyone heard ??

I am looking for a sport model.
Does anyone heard about a company named VNH Line?
this is a manufacturer with as over 100 models, i am interested
in the Extra300 or the Suhoi31, the big models for 90-120 engines.

Also if you know about their 3D models, they have some wich look real nice
but does anyone have an experience with it.

Thanks
flyhi2003
Old 05-05-2004, 05:40 PM
flyhi2005

Default RE: VNH LINE rc models ??anyone heard ??

anyone heardanyone heardanyone heard[:@]
Old 05-05-2004, 06:55 PM
Crash Master

I've heard of them, but don't have any experience with their planes.

What I know about them is that their planes is "The kind of wood used for our Airplane is Balsa wood in VietNam. It’s very hard and light. The type of covering we use is Polyester + PVC (70% +30%)."

If you decide to buy from them, I would be very interested in knowing more about them.

Hope this helps,
Old 05-06-2004, 12:48 PM
flyhi2005

thenks
any more com......??anyone ?
Old 05-21-2004, 04:06 PM
FATCATS

Just completed my first trainer...a Start 40 by VNH Line...and all I can say is that this is "Cheap & nasty". The quality is poor and everything is out of line (warped) I spent the past two weeks trying to line it up and get the wing at least straight enough for a test flight. Its made out of a hard/light wood and is covered in a strong covering that does not stick well and is difficult to shrink...maybe its just my inexperience. Hope to take it out for its maiden next W/end. I have not seen any of their other kits..so I can't comment.

Hope it helps

Fanie
Old 03-19-2005, 07:54 AM
arkman

Hi All,

after becoming disabled (wheelchair ridden) I gave up on RC modelling...but my now 5 year old daughter started reading my old RCM&E magazines and wanted us to build and fly together. Because of being in this infernal wheelchair I decided to try a trainer and see how I coped. On eBay I saw the VNH Line `Start 40 Evolution mk 2' and it looked ok so I bid, and won it for £46.00.

However, when it arrived the contents within the box were DIRE, and I do mean DIRE! Not one of the control surfaces would travel without sticking badly, much of the gloss covering was wrinkled and sagging, covering seams along EVERY leading edge (which as you know is a NO NO!!) the covering actually lifting in many places and much mis-alignment throughout! They advertise it as a `trainer' yet NO dihedral of any kind at all, indeed the wings would not even join correctly no matter my efforts.

I complained to the eBay seller, and he immediately sent me another Start 40, but it was as bad as the first!! I complained again and again, but have not received any further reponses.

If you are a beginner / newcomer to RC flying, I appeal to you NOT to buy a VNH model!! Buy an Irvine Tutor or a Super Tiger trainer and you will have yourself a decent quality plane with which to learn.

My two VNH start 40`s will NOT take to the air, because I will not risk my new OS LA engine nor my radio equipment, indeed I will break the planes up and salvage whatever good wood there may be for a future scratch build.

Buy wisely and not cheaply, it simply is not worth the misery.

Sincerely to you All, happy flying!!

Matt
Old 03-19-2005, 07:58 AM
arkman

Hi All,

after becoming disabled (wheelchair ridden) I gave up on RC modelling...but my now 5 year old daughter started reading my old RCM&E magazines and wanted us to build and fly together. Because of being in this infernal wheelchair I decided to try a trainer and see how I coped. On eBay I saw the VNH Line `Start 40 Evolution mk 2' and it looked ok so I bid, and won it for £46.00.

However, when it arrived the contents within the box were DIRE, and I do mean DIRE! Not one of the control surfaces would travel without sticking badly, much of the gloss covering was wrinkled and sagging, covering seams along EVERY leading edge (which as you know is a NO NO!!) the covering actually lifting in many places and much mis-alignment throughout! They advertise it as a `trainer' yet NO dihedral of any kind at all, indeed the wings would not even join correctly no matter my efforts.

I complained to the eBay seller, and he immediately sent me another Start 40, but it was as bad as the first!! I complained again and again, but have not received any further reponses.

If you are a beginner / newcomer to RC flying, I appeal to you NOT to buy a VNH model!! Buy an Irvine Tutor or a Super Tiger trainer and you will have yourself a decent quality plane with which to learn.

My two VNH start 40`s will NOT take to the air, because I will not risk my new OS LA engine nor my radio equipment, indeed I will break the planes up and salvage whatever good wood there may be for a future scratch build.

Buy wisely and not cheaply, it simply is not worth the misery.

Sincerely to you All, happy flying!!

Matt
Old 03-19-2005, 10:05 AM
tank tiger
My Feedback: (75)

all hi
do not touch to VNH Line I got one a trainer from them; nothing for good complete material junk stupid
Old 03-19-2005, 10:06 AM
tank tiger

all hi
do not touch to VNH Line I got one a trainer from them; nothing for good complete material junk stupid
Old 03-19-2005, 12:00 PM
arkman

Hi All...and Tank Tiger,

indeed you are right, the VNH line trainers etc are poor quality, badly conceived and executed RTF kits, so ALL save your money in the long term by NOT buying VNH Line models, period! Go the the VNH Line website, and you will see NO contact for customers ergo no way to complain directly to them! And what they claim upon their site, dedicated skilled staff and state of the art CAD, hmmmmm, they must mean a sinclair 64 and a group of Chimps!! well actually chimps would make a better job!

If any other VNH Line `buyers' out there are reading this and agree/have found the same problems, then let us ALL get together as one voice and give VNH a justified HARD time!

Best wishes to you all,

Matt
Old 03-19-2005, 12:32 PM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I seen them and will not touch them! The wood is better than VMAR but the manufacturing is not that much better and design sucks big time. Do not touch them!
Old 03-19-2005, 01:28 PM
arkman

Hi All...again,

The woods used in VHN Line kits are largely `ok-ish' but that is where the positives end, tis downhill from there on! How can they call themsevles `skilled aeronautical engineers' when they actually have covering seams/joins along EVERY LEADING EDGE ?? and I am refering to the covering that is actually adhered to the wood, most it is lifting, has been poorly applied and stretched, dings abound etc etc.

The Ebay seller who sold me the Start Evo 2 has just written me, asking me if I would like to send the `poor quality made by monkey`s' ~exact quote~ Start 40`s back, and in their place he will give me the VHN 73 span Cub kit at no extra charge to myself- if I did not know better I would jump at it with a resounding `yes!!!' but the sellers own words about the Cub are `like the Starts, the covering is bad, lifting and seams along leading edges, so I suppose you will not be happy with it, sorry' damn right I will not be happy!! a full refund would be prefered, but the seller does not respond to this request.

Well, my own fault for not investigating VNH Line kits before I first purchased ~a late night whim~

All reading this, please believe I and the others who are so critical of the VHN Line kits, I myself have been scratch building from plans for years, have flown various and can say with a degree of `authority' that VHN Line kits are DIRE!!! Avoid them or kiss your IC engine and radio gear a sad goodbye.

The very best to you all, old and new alike!!

Matt
Old 03-19-2005, 02:36 PM
tank tiger

owner of VNH line only copied ;redesign some but still stupid ugly [they will be close
Old 03-19-2005, 04:17 PM
arkman

Hi All....yet again,

getting away from the VNH `junk' for a moment ( I know, should post to another thread) has anyone built the Robbe Progo ? UNlike the VNH this is a fine quality kit, however the instructions for assembly are dreadful indeed nigh on impossible to follow (and why my kit has been under the stairs for an age, alas) Can anyone help me ??

Getting back to the VNH, I have chosen not to accept the Cub in place of the Start because as the seller admits `the cub is not much better than the start, built by monkies' ~quote~ and this from an VNH authorized seller!! says it all really dont you think ?? INDEED it DOES!!

Be well kisser`s of the sky,

Matt
Old 03-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Crash Master

I don't know if this will help or do any good, but here's a telephone number for VNH (8488980076) and an email of [email protected] (which seems to be their general email address). Good luck if you try to contact them.

Old 03-20-2005, 11:40 AM
arkman

Hi All,

I thank You Crash-Master, and I shall indeed write them and in the strongest of terms! perhaps all else who have written here in lowly terms concerning VNH should write them too.

Better still, dont buy VNH Line kits, any of you!!!

The seller on eBay wrote me, he too being ripped off/lied too by VNH Line, and he does regret getting involved with them - he has offered me a FULL refund, good man!

Take care All

Matt
Old 03-21-2005, 06:54 PM
prodigyflyer
My Feedback: (5)

I do not know if I am the only one to have something not in horrible shape come from VNH line. I have a.60-.90 size extra 300 I am building up right now, and so far the only complaints are chinacote and poor manual.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:37 PM
tank tiger

all hi
VNHline we do not need to talk about them
the bank already came to VNH line fatory then pick up all CNC machine -
the problem owner stupid dummy
Old 03-21-2005, 08:53 PM
arkman

Hi All,

Prodigy Flyer, you do indeed seem to be the only satisfied customer of a VNH Line model!!

The Ebay seller who sold one to me does admit the kits are `made by monkeys' and told me to keep the kit and he would refund me - the paypal refund came through this afternoon!! as for the kit, I shall break it up and salvage whatever good woods there may be, to use for a scratch build.

According to TankTiger, VNH have had their machines seized, I hope this is true!!

To all reading this, dare I say ?? yes I do!! build your own planes and leave ARF alone, the satisfaction of seeing a plane take to the sky, a plane YOU made from a plan and stock wood, is so rewarding, so satisfying!! The flying fields/clubs I have been to, well I have seen too many ARF fliers and NOT enough true modellers, so come on all and get building!!

Regards to All,

Matt
Old 03-21-2005, 11:24 PM
prodigyflyer
My Feedback: (5)

I was short on time when I posted that comment.

The manual was so vague, as to having me epoxy the vertical stab as aft as possible. Well, when doing so, I did not notice that it was about 1/4 inch from lining up with the fuselage. But, I didn ot notice this for one day, and it was obviously stuck in that position. So, I removed a section from the rudder to get it aligned, and I was able to get it working fine, almost satisfied now.

The rest of the build quality is rather good, contrary to other VNH arfs. I added 2 inches in lenght too the rudder, and used ailerons from a 1.20 size ultra stick.

I will be putting a Saito 1.50 in this model, and I am curious too see how VNH quality will stand up against Saito's raw power.

Sincerely,
A somewhat happy customer.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:52 AM
arkman

Hello Prodigy and All,

When I joined my VNH Line ARF wing sections, they `dried' out of line despite my bracing them and securing the hold while the Epoxy cured - so much for quality woods and the VNH construction!!!

Then, the right aileron simply came away from the wing!

That you are considering placing the Saito 1.20 in your VNH model, hmmmmmm get insurance specifically for it prior to starting up, for when the plane comes apart at the seams!!!

The dealer who sold a VNH Line model to me has now cancelled his contract with VNH Line, and is refusing to pay their last bill - good for him!!! Not that he is a bad guy, not at all, but rather he is angered that so many of his customers have been cheated, and of course he himself is ultimately cheated when the customer complains just as I did - he refunded me fully which means he lost out financially.

Though I am, by preference, a scratch builder, my Thunder Tiger plane arrived this morning, and fine quality it is too!!! indeed it has almost turned my mind towards having faith in ARF. The kit has an excellent manual ~that actually reads well and makes sense, leaving one not having to `make it up' ~ but more importantly the parts, built up wing sections, the fuse, all excellent, well constructed, clean sharp covering...a far far cry from VNH Line!!

Yes indeed all, time for a new topic me thinks, the less said about VNH Line the better!!

Take care, keep safe,

Matt
Old 03-15-2007, 03:56 AM
juaffy

Hi,

I bought a VNH Line ARF Giles 202-.60 , really cheap but i definitely got what i paid for. Incomplete information on the Manual, very unorganized and misleading. Lots of missing items from the box. Low grade balsa and the plane was built not even close to perfection. They saved a lot by not using too much glues or epoxy on the plane, so i ended up reinforcing the whole airplane again.
It might look good on the outside, but really bad on the inside.
i learned my lesson now, no more VNH for me.

Juaffy