Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Pizzazz!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Pizzazz!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 03:01 PM
plazwythsquirel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pizzazz!

I just finished my hangar nine Pizzazz. I had some difficulty putting in the push rods and they still dont seem to fit right. Has anyone else had this problem with the Pizzazz?
Old 07-10-2002, 09:59 PM
Saito_56-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default Push Rods on Pizazz

Not yet, I am a few steps away from that. I am putting the Horizontal Stab on tonight. There was a review in RCM June 2002 about the Pizazz, and it said "The elevator pushrod is tricky to get thru the back of the fuselage because there is a vertical brace at the last former. Look through the bottom hatch to help guide the pushrod thru". I am a day or two from the push rod steps, so we will see.
Old 07-11-2002, 12:28 AM
TERMAGATOR
My Feedback: (2)

Default Pizzazz!

if you have 2 long ny-rods, like the golden rods, heres what you do. slide a nyrod ,one on each side thru the holes in the rear fuse for the ele pushrod exits. then when they come thru the front, screw the nyrods to your Y pushrod,and pull them babies thru. You'll say "Damn, why didnt I think of that?"
Old 07-11-2002, 01:02 AM
kurt64

Default Pizzazz!

Off topic........
My flying buddy has that plane. Although it is a hair on the heavy side, it is an outstanding performer! It has lightening fast rolls and can be hovered for minutes at a time.....I am sure you are going to love it.
Old 07-11-2002, 01:52 AM
Saito_56-RCU

Default I am impressed!

Originally posted by termagator
if you have 2 long ny-rods, like the golden rods, heres what you do. slide a nyrod ,one on each side thru the holes in the rear fuse for the ele pushrod exits. then when they come thru the front, screw the nyrods to your Y pushrod,and pull them babies thru. You'll say "Damn, why didnt I think of that?"
Thats what I love about RCU always someone with a great idea! I will give that a try when the time comes. I just finished for the night, tailfeathers in place, less Elevators, and rudder.
Old 07-11-2002, 03:13 AM
uciflylow

Default Pizzazz!

I just put one togather this past week. First flight, broken aleron hinges almost lost plane! Replaced with new Sig hinges but broke one after a few flights. Noticed one of my elevator hinges broken ! Decided to strip them all and install Robart hinges, that should cure that problem.
I also sealed all the control surface gaps.
With the CG set per book the plane was hard to hover and slugish. After rearrangeing the battry pack and receiver this plane has come ALIVE! I'm running a MDS .58 with the 12.25x3.3/4 prop and it will pull up outa sight from a hover. This engine runs great BTW, it is the second one I have had and they both do a good job for me.

I hope no one else got the crappy hinge material that was in my kit. Other than that I have no gripes! Great flyer.
Old 07-11-2002, 01:31 PM
plazwythsquirel

Default Pizzazz!

to get them through,I stuck the throttle pushrod through the elavator exits up to area of the servos. then i taped it to the elavator rods and pulled it through...