Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Pacific Aero Edge Question.

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Pacific Aero Edge Question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 12:45 AM
Bob101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacific Aero Edge Question.

I'm fixing to order a Pac Aero Model .60 size edge in the next few days. Question I have is what size spinner. Neither the website or the instruction manual state what size spinner. I'm heading out to the hobby shop tomorrow and would like to pick up an aluminum one and want to know ahead of time. Because they are on the west coast we don't match up time wise for me to call in person.

Thanks..and anything else I should know ahead of time on it?
Old 06-24-2004, 06:15 PM
Ken Bryant
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pacific Aero Edge Question.

2 1/2" is the spinner size. I have a TruTurn on mine and it looks great!

Old 06-25-2004, 12:18 AM
tsawyer148
My Feedback: (8)

Yes, a 2 1/2" spinner is what you need.

You may want to take a close look at the pull-pull system that comes with the kit. While I was building mine, I was adjusting the tension and noticed that the threads inside the clevises would easily strip. I replaced it with a Du-Bro heavy duty system and it works great.

The plane is a fantastic flyer and i am very happy with mine.

T.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:05 PM
FlyinTiger
My Feedback: (45)

Yes, the pull pull system needs a Dubro system, even if you use the 2-56 size threads, it will eliminate any binding that the original clevises give you at full deflection. Also, you will need to buy an aftermarket full servo arm. The stock arms that come with most radios aren't the required 1 3/8" long. Yes, 2 1/2" spinner will be perfect...I like the way the Tru-Turn Ultimate looks. Be careful with what slot style you get though, if you plan on using a wide blade propeller you might need a 120 slot, or even a Menz cut.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:21 PM
rsrogers

Hey guys I've got the 40 size P.A. Edge & just gave its first flights this past weekend & I love it!! This thing flys like one of my big planes. I've overpowered it of coarse (91 Mag. 4 stroke) but it allowed me to balance perfect w/ everything in the stock location.

Any way - could those of you who have the 60- 90 size fill me in on engine combo & flight characteristics? I would like to get one to match the 40 size & I would like to have the power to weight ratio on it similar to the way I have the 40 size. I think it calls for up to a 100 4 stroke but will this give me what I want or will I have to go up to a 120??

Thanks In Advance
Steve
Old 07-05-2004, 09:34 PM
rightflyer

What is the wait on your engine. I have YS 91AC that I woulld love to put on a 40, but it probably too heavy.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:39 PM
Ken Bryant

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To get the same Power to weight ratio you are enjoying I say go to a 120 in the 60-90
Old 07-05-2004, 10:56 PM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

For half throttle pull-outs the 100 will disappoint you and the 120 is too heavy. I think you would need a YS110.

Jim
Old 07-06-2004, 06:43 AM
rsrogers

The weight of the Magnum 91 is around 23 oz. Before putting this plane together all the posts stated it came out tail heavy due to the dual elevator servos in the tail. With the weight they were adding to the smaller 2 stroke engines was about the difference I had in the 91. It worked out well because everything is in the stock location & no weight added anywhere.
Sounds good on a YS 110 for the 90 size!!