Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

AVOID THESE ARF's AT ALL COST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

AVOID THESE ARF's AT ALL COST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-13-2013, 06:57 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the practice of uncovering as much as possible and regluing, and replacing/redesigning when needed, even high-quality kits.
I have had 2 H9 Ultra Stick 40's, and have had substantial issues. Had to rebuild & reinforce the landing gear blocks and rear wing attach points. The gear would rip out under normal use, and the wing hold-down would detach with disastrous consequences.
On the second plane, I had an engine failure at takeoff and hit a small sapling at fairly low speed. My bad. When we got there, the wing had a small hole in the leading edge and a couple tears. What surprised us was the engine and firewall had cleanly separated from the fuselage. There was evidence on just one side (out of 4!) of any glue, and no triangle reinforcement. This plane has no hatch, so access up front is tough. I wound up putting in a new marine ply firewall, pinned on all four sides, glued in with Super-Phatic.
Shouldn't have to go to such measures on a higher-quality plane.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:08 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SS, your menthioning the distributors , when BH and NItro distributed FMS (epo ) planes , FMS is at the top of the game for epo and actually caring about the planes they produce . THey will communicate directly from China with you . IN fact they sent me a free set of $70 retract when I sent them pictures of simple dings in my foam when unboxing my arf .
Both distributors you spoke have major issues with customer servace but both have been luckly to have FMS and also LX branded arfs .
FMS pulled out of both companies and is now sold by Motion RC.
As far as parts and complaints on ARF , if you learn about the term "MOQ " Minimum order quanity /also refers to production in factories would never ever order an ARF because the odds are against you from day one.
MOQ, renders the little guys like SIG helpless in what they can bring into the states at a reasonable cost inventory number
Old 09-14-2013, 05:49 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GREAT PAINS! I mean, PLANES!
Old 09-14-2013, 11:07 PM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What gets me is the variation in quality and so forth from one lot to another of the same A/C ARF model from the same source.