Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1306

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Dave Patrick super cub

ORIGINAL: flyn_colorado

If you read post #786 Hill202 had the same problem. I have the same set-up but have not maidened mine yet. Glad to see Keleo has great customer service!

Ouch! His header broke clean off at the first exit bend. My flange broke inside the exhaust nut. My new header has tougher flanges, so I sure hope the tubing isn't the next thing to break now. So far it has held up well.

How did your maiden flight go?
    I don\'\'t necessarily believe everything I say
    ...Marshall McLuhan...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Daniel-EL,
    Sad to say I have not finished mine yet... Its about 3/4 of the way done... just finished the cockpit last week.... I am way behind! :-) Hope to get her up in the air this spring... Thats my goal anyways! I have been messing around with the Hanger 9 Piper Pawnee latley but back to the DPM Super Cub now! Are you still flying yours?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: G.P.

Can one of you that was lucky enough to get one of these please let me know how the corrugated flaps and ailerons were done? I am going to be doing an Adrian Page Super Cub over the winter and I would like to duplicate that if it doesn't add too much weight.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Greg, I see you never got an answer to this ?. The corrugated pieces are vacum formed thin abs plastic panels that are glued on the balsa framework. Mine were full of bubbles and would not lay flat in places. This is one pitfall of an ARF. They do look nice if glued down properly.

Mark
    Mark
    Revver #48
    Self proclaimed RC addict member #2
    Goldberg Ultimate Bro #59
    Cub Brother #123

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Colorado, can you post some pics of your cockpit. I would love to see it. I too have been dragging my feet getting mine done. I ripped all the covering off and am just finishing up on the cloth and dope finish. It's been interesting, but very much worth the trouble as now I have a wrinkle free scale finish.
    Mark
    Revver #48
    Cub Brother #123

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ill post pictures, no problem...when it is complete. My first cockpit job.. I have some touch ups to finish up :-)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you Mark! It sounds like that may be a little hard to duplicate though! My build has slowed to a crawl because of a new addition to our family last Dec, so I guess I'll have some time to think about how to do it.

Thanks again!
    Greg
    iumop ap!sdn w,I

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Bud, are you still on here? I have been going back through the posts looking for the info on where you got that little canoe to haul on the float rigging. I can't find it. I know I saw it somewhere back there. Could you please post or PM me the info?

Thanks, Mark
    Mark
    Revver #48
    Cub Brother #123

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TripleDeucer

Hey Bud, are you still on here? I have been going back through the posts looking for the info on where you got that little canoe to haul on the float rigging. I can't find it. I know I saw it somewhere back there. Could you please post or PM me the info?

Thanks, Mark
    Here you go Mark....http://www.northwoodscanoe.com/index.html I never used mine, it's a little out of proportion with the cub but will probably work. Still looks good though.

Bud
    \"The propeller is the fan that keeps the pilot cool, turn it off and watch him sweat\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Bud. I was talking to a friend about it and he got all excited about getting one for his Hangar 9. He is putting on a float fly in August and wants to spruce up his plane.

Thanks again, Mark
    Mark
    Revver #48
    Cub Brother #123

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Your welcome, you think you can get him to post a picture?

Bud
    \"The propeller is the fan that keeps the pilot cool, turn it off and watch him sweat\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'll give it a try. Most likely, I will shoot and post it as soon as he gets it done.

Mark
    Mark
    Revver #48
    Cub Brother #123

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does anyone on here know what kind of paint was used on the DP Cubs? I need to repaint and it would be nice to know for compatibility issues.

Thanks, Mark
    Mark
    Revver #48
    Cub Brother #123

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I used a lustercote cub yellow spray in a can to repair the landing gear parts and it matched well

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just curious if anyone has any flight videos of their super cubs?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Guys....maybe you should check this out. Parts for your cubs may be available from Cermark. Click and read.......

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7332586/tm.htm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WOW thanks for the link. I saw the DP name on the lists of booths for Toledo this year on their web site, but I though it was just a misprint hold over from a pevious year. I spoke to Dave P at the WRAMS show several years ago when the cubs first came out (I got mine then) and he said that he was having terrible priority problems at the factory back then.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: farmerric

WOW thanks for the link. I saw the DP name on the lists of booths for Toledo this year on their web site, but I though it was just a misprint hold over from a pevious year. I spoke to Dave P at the WRAMS show several years ago when the cubs first came out (I got mine then) and he said that he was having terrible priority problems at the factory back then.
    Someone who went to the show spoke to Dave and he said Cermark bought him out. Cermark will start the Dave Patrick line again with replacement parts.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Everyone,

I want to personally clarify as best as I can with DPM situation. We (Cermark) are currently working with Dave Patrick to bring DPM back into the market. We looked at several factors that we felt important to us, you and our industry;
    1) Dave Patrick is a strong designer, and has given much to our industry
    2) There are still much creative juices left in Dave Patrick
    3) Cermark can help minimize some of the business logistic and vendor issues that DPM experienced previously.

So we are moving ahead in bring DPM back to our industry. We want to provide Dave as much resources as possible to allow him to focus on creative aspect of design, QC portion of production, and teaching portion of flying for DPM . As for service and logistics, we are in the process of setting up. Please give us approximately 30-40 days integrating telephone, email and website.

As for the DPM items, here are the plan;
    a) Available now
    MAX adhesive - made in USA, thin / medium / thick with special patented cap in 20g and 50g sizes
    Ultra Tailwheel - Wire and Leaf style versions in small, medium and large sizes (with limited quantity on hand).

b) Available in 60 days
    MAX adhesive - made in USA, thick foam safe CA in 20g and 50g sizes
    MAX accelerator for CA

c) Availabe in 4-6 months
    Super Piper Cub - Vero Beach version in yellow Ultracote

d) In discussion
    Clipped Wing Piper Cub - with racing strips in white base Ultracote
    Blue head engines

If you have any suggestion for me, you can email me directly at schao@cermark.com

Peace,
    Steven Chao,
    CERMARK
    Peace,
    Steven Chao, CERMARK

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Steven
    I would hope you would make the Super Cub available in white so we could add some scale trim.
    Jim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I like to do my own finishing and think that ALL arf's from any company should be offered in almost ready to cover version. DP had the S Cub set up that way. It allows for better personalization.
    Mark
    Revver #48
    Cub Brother #123

ORIGINAL: stevenchao

Hi Everyone,

I want to personally clarify as best as I can with DPM situation. We (Cermark) are currently working with Dave Patrick to bring DPM back into the market. We looked at several factors that we felt important to us, you and our industry;
    1) Dave Patrick is a strong designer, and has given much to our industry
    2) There are still much creative juices left in Dave Patrick
    3) Cermark can help minimize some of the business logistic and vendor issues that DPM experienced previously.

So we are moving ahead in bring DPM back to our industry. We want to provide Dave as much resources as possible to allow him to focus on creative aspect of design, QC portion of production, and teaching portion of flying for DPM . As for service and logistics, we are in the process of setting up. Please give us approximately 30-40 days integrating telephone, email and website.

As for the DPM items, here are the plan;
    a) Available now
    MAX adhesive - made in USA, thin / medium / thick with special patented cap in 20g and 50g sizes
    Ultra Tailwheel - Wire and Leaf style versions in small, medium and large sizes (with limited quantity on hand).

b) Available in 60 days
    MAX adhesive - made in USA, thick foam safe CA in 20g and 50g sizes
    MAX accelerator for CA

c) Availabe in 4-6 months
    Super Piper Cub - Vero Beach version in yellow Ultracote

d) In discussion
    Clipped Wing Piper Cub - with racing strips in white base Ultracote
    Blue head engines

If you have any suggestion for me, you can email me directly at schao@cermark.com

Peace,
    Steven Chao,
    CERMARK

Hi Steve,

It's exciting that a company such as Cermark is helping Dave get his ***** together; his models were second to none. But if what you say is correct can you please reply to the email I sent you 3 days ago regarding a replacement aircraft / parts DPM had promised to send me 2 years ago, which I still haven't received, Mine was damaged in international freight. I hope you will respond and help DPM make amends with one unhappy camper.

You can contact me directly on tiger_lilly@iprimus.com.au

Thanks and kind regards,

James

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just purchased a used clipped wing version. It's got a First Place Engines 40cc gas engine on it. 52 oz. Is this too much engine?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: les40

I just purchased a used clipped wing version. It's got a First Place Engines 40cc gas engine on it. 52 oz. Is this too much engine?
    Les40, I would think that a 40cc engine would be way too much. How is the balance? My buddy flys his Sig Rascal 110" on a Zenoah G26 and it hauls it around with plenty authority. Nowdays most everyone thinks that anything they fly has to "hover" and fly 3D. This might have been the case with your Cub's former owner. If it were mine, I would put the 160 or 182 twin fourstroker on it and have a sweet sounding flyer. I have the OS 160 twin on mine.
    Mark
    Revver #48
    Cub Brother #123

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: flyn_colorado

Daniel-EL,
    Sad to say I have not finished mine yet... Its about 3/4 of the way done... just finished the cockpit last week.... I am way behind! :-) Hope to get her up in the air this spring... Thats my goal anyways! I have been messing around with the Hanger 9 Piper Pawnee latley but back to the DPM Super Cub now! Are you still flying yours?
    Just spotted your question, sorry for the delay. My Cub is still in the crate from moving back to the good ol' USA. I've been messing around with a GP RV-4 ARF lately, but I plan to uncrate my Super Cub this summer and get it in the air. I've also got a 1/3 Balsa USA Cub on the bench I'd like to maiden this summer if possible. Lots of wood to glue there. I'm installing a Kavan FK-50 twin in it, just like the original.
    I don\'\'t necessarily believe everything I say
    ...Marshall McLuhan...

I know most of you have long ago finished you Super Cubs, but I finally just completed mine this evening. I purchased this Super Cub not long after they first became available. Through job change, a marriage and a move I finally made the time to get 'er done.

The engine is a YS140, servos are Hitec 645MG and the radio is a JR9303. There were several issues that added to the time needed to complete this Cub, but thanks to companies like Fiberglass Specialties and Aerotech I was able to get on the right track to complete the assembly. I just absoloutely love the plane and understand why this Cub has the following it goes.

It's great news about Cermark bringing this Cub back to the market and look forward to seeing the Cub available again. Sure would like to have the CLipped Wing version!! I may attempt the maiden flight tomorrow 6/10 nothing else gets in the way. I did take soome photos this evening and will post them soon.

Dan
    I\'ve flown every aerobatic maneuver there is to fly......but none of them were on purpose!

Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast