Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1305

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Dave Patrick super cub

Uh ..... It would be nice to see this one out again. Really am impressed with the DP one. Never knew about them till they were all gone, and they went fast too. Hope this one is comparable and available soon. I better start "buttering up" the wife for permission to buy one. MM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Any update on when the Cub will be available.Is it also going to be available in white??[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've been told the production has been delayed. They are taking pre-orders at $799. Which isn't exactly cheap. I've placed mine but still awaiting a reply on RTC and white versions. I want a RTC.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ProScaleRc

I've been told the production has been delayed. They are taking pre-orders at $799. Which isn't exactly cheap. I've placed mine but still awaiting a reply on RTC and white versions. I want a RTC.
    Keep it low....keep it Slowwwww

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ProScaleRc

Im soooooo glad that I have one of the originals. I hope they eventually come out with it again as I will probably want another eventually. Hope they will be the same quality too at least. Just saw that Aerowork lowered the price of the S-2 SportCub to $699, that will figure in the decision to pay an extra $100 bucks for this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	om34128.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	1530741  
    Keep it low....keep it Slowwwww

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

As far a scale goes, the Aeroworks Sport Cub does not hold a candle to the Patrick PA-18. No compairson at all. The S-2 is about as scale as a paper airplane. Designed for a 50cc engine, for what, hovering... Ha Ha What a frigging joke. I would'nt take $2000 for my DP PA-18.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The S-2 Sport Cub was modeled after the full scale S-2 manufacted by Cub Crafters in Yakima, WA. Here is the link to Cub Crafters.  http://www.cubcrafters.com/sportcubs2
    The Areoworks rendition looks pretty good to me. It was not supposed to be a model of the PA-18 Super Cub. They even have Cub Crafters blessing on it.
    Check it out..........
    Mark
    Revver #48
    Self proclaimed RC addict member #2
    Goldberg Ultimate Bro #59
    Cub Brother #123

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes your right, it is a fun scale S-2 model, and a very poorly modeled one at that. Thank goodness the PA-18 was not hacked as bad as the S-2 was. Its very obvious that AW designed their model to be a run of the mill 3-D machine, and not a authentic scale S-2 Cub.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi, first post on this thread as ive been reading it off and on to check in on the availability of these fabulous flying birds. Im proud to say i have scored an unmolested kit local, someone was hoarding one in his play room, i found out about it and it is one of the last production runs approx. 2 -3 years ago. will post some pics of the build soon. I am building it into a scale bush plane with huge tires, most likely os or magnum 4 stroke with custom exhaust and maybe an interior. Not my first cub but my first at a scale build. Should have some starting pics by weekend! Oh yeah, still looking for a 160 twin if anyone has one sittin around. thanks D boothe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is a copy of this DPM Super Cub check list. CERMARK has shown the near production version at the recent 2010 AMA Expo. It was a huge relief. CERMARK and DPM like to thank everyone who provided feedbacks and comments. Come by CERMARK booth, email: sales@cermark.com, or call (562) 906-0808. Can't promise to have Dave there, but you are more than welcome to ask anything. Production should be available in Oct/Nov 2010.

In production now? [:-]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: sj3cub

Yes your right, it is a fun scale S-2 model, and a very poorly modeled one at that. Thank goodness the PA-18 was not hacked as bad as the S-2 was. Its very obvious that AW designed their model to be a run of the mill 3-D machine, and not a authentic scale S-2 Cub.
    I saw the video of this plane in action on their website. I must agree with you...it looked like a J-3 Cub on steroids, lots of steroids. It looked downright silly...a cub hovering and doing aerobatics like a decathlon or such. Those guys can't get out of the 3d mode even when flying a scale plane. And by the way, it was flying waaay too fast. I think they're asking too much money if this is supposed to be a fun-fly plane....good hardware or not.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

reply to ALL got dp p-18 and missing some parts , have pm some guys in this mile long post , with no luck does anyone have the manuel to this plane and can you scan it will pay cash thanks frank

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

YEEEEEEEEE haaaaaaaaaaaaaa found the book, does any one fly like me and crash? will buy parts for cash if you have any laying in your shop, and try to get this great bird in the air, thanks to all frank99

6 yr wait poor back then and got engine and muffler first , then they were back order, then he went under, found a few for sell but no shipping ,to far to drive but i found one and i dont give up, power i will use os 4c 1.6 custom muffler a123 bat, Is hitek 645 servos for control ok, later when glow fuel is 50$ a gallon will change power to a dle 20 gas growing new hair on a dead head

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sounds like a nice set -up. I have the OS 1.60 twin in mine also as well as the Keleo custom exhaust. The Hitec 645 high torque servos will be fine. They are about 108 oz of torque at 4.8 volts, but your going to run A123's, so your torque will be 133 oz which is more than enough. Have fun with it. Nothing compairs to the DP PA-18.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Keleo custom exhaust is the muffler i got yrs ago hope it holds up and will it make the right sound thanks frank

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Smokin Cap, Where did you get the bush tires for yours?
    \"Flying Cowboy\"
    Cub Brother #138

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Most likely they are Dubro 6" smoothies with the cub hubcaps. You can inflate these up quite a bit for the look you want.
    Mark
    Revver #48
    Cub Brother #123

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Long as I'm on here, what ever has happened to the new DP Super Cub? How about an update from Cermark???
    Mark
    Revver #48
    Cub Brother #123

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Check out the new SuperCub from Horizon, a platnum edition 25e offering, the thing that makes this worth mention is the fact that Horizon has a history of producing a model over several size ranges. Maybe a larger 90 or 120 size could be in the works! I suggest we flood them with e-mails demanding one!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SkyPilot101

Check out the new SuperCub from Horizon, a platnum edition 25e offering, the thing that makes this worth mention is the fact that Horizon has a history of producing a model over several size ranges. Maybe a larger 90 or 120 size could be in the works! I suggest we flood them with e-mails demanding one!!!
    ^^^

I hope (if they make a bigger one) the bigger one is light. Watch the vid, that little thing is heavy.
    \"Flying Cowboy\"
    Cub Brother #138

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Should be simular to their current 1/4 J-3, which is not too bad!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rc airplane nut

ORIGINAL: SkyPilot101

^^^

I hope (if they make a bigger one) the bigger one is light. Watch the vid, that little thing is heavy.
    I don't think the weight is an issue. If you watch the video the planes flies extremely fast considering it's only a .25

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Heavy equals Fast,for scale performance the 25e should have a wing load a lot less than it's stated 20 to 22 0za square ft. I have there 25e J-3, it's a dog as far as scale flight.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thier Super Cub landing gear and strut design in the pictures looks a lot like the Aeronca Champ that they released this year. What a piece of junk. The wing struts and LG design is so fragile it will not survive the first landing, just barely survive the assembly. Beautiful airplane, flies great, but dont land it or carry it from the car

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: farmerric

Thier Super Cub landing gear and strut design in the pictures looks a lot like the Aeronca Champ that they released this year. What a piece of junk. The wing struts and LG design is so fragile it will not survive the first landing, just barely survive the assembly. Beautiful airplane, flies great, but dont land it or carry it from the car
    LOL, you can fly it but don't land or carry it...
    Grammar: The difference in knowing your sh*t and knowing you\'\'re sh*t.

Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast