Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Entry Level Gas Aerobat!!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Entry Level Gas Aerobat!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 04:26 PM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Entry Level Gas Aerobat!!

ORIGINAL: Scoubidou

My MVVS1.6 hovers my fat (12lbs) 24% CA Extra300L at full throttle, Menz s 17x8, 8100RPM. That's the best prop to practice IMAC. I have unlimited vertical with Menz S 18x6 at 7900RPM and 3D stuff.

I am using an incowl Bisson Pitt muffler.

My flying buddy is flying a light CaP- 232 at 10-11 lbs, 72'' and OS160FX. He has unlimited vertical at half throttle. He flies 3 flights and come back to home, 1/2 gallon glow burned. He broke the fuse last weekend in two parts. That's the cost for overpowered plane...

I fly 10 flight, cost nothing of gaz! Ask me if i want an OS160FX? No way man!

hope I dont get off topic but who makes that CAP where it came in so light?

matt
Old 08-04-2004, 05:37 PM
Scoubidou
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a scratch built CAP 232 with ''stretchy'' fuse (10% longer fuse than usual). That CAP flies like a Pattern with 3D capabilities. There are 2 guys at my flying club. One 25% Scale (OS-160FX) and one 27% Scale (50CC Ã* 15lbs).
Too much work for me... I prefer kit or ARF
Daniel
Old 08-04-2004, 06:26 PM
fairplay
My Feedback: (4)

Can someone list there RTF giant and all the prices of the components? I too am wanting to get into giant scale gassers without breaking the bank. If more of you list the costs of your combos, it would give us newbies an idea of our new found fevers. Thanks a Ton!!
Old 08-04-2004, 08:54 PM
RustyTumbles

good idea fairplay! Maybe post some pics too.

I don't really want to get anything like the ultra stick, I'd rather stay with more scale type aircraft. Is it possible to use non-digital servos? Can you use digital servo with a FM radio? I have a Hitec flash 5 radio and I'd like to use that on the model I choose, or do I have to upgrade? Does anyone know how much the G26 or G38 weigh? I plan on doing alot of research on this before I buy anything so please pass on your ideas!
Old 08-04-2004, 10:01 PM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bigsport - you can use normal servos for a 72" ship but you better have metal gears and about 5kg torque min to be on the safe side, an 8 kg torque servo is much better.

http://www.extremeflightrc.com/ - Yaks are great
http://www.pacaeromodel.com/ - see the Laser 200 72"
http://www.sigmfg.com/ - the SU31 is nice
Old 08-05-2004, 07:34 AM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

BigSport,

If you were talking about 50cc ship, you can use servos like the HS-645MG. About $40 ea. from ServoCity.com

Best to run a 6 volt (5 cell) reciever pack to get the full 133 oz. in.

If your 50cc ship uses 2 rudder servos, then these would be fine... however, if using a sngle servo pull-pull use a good JR-8611 or the upcoming HS-5595TG servo. (Both are about $110) or at least a 5735 for $70 (heavier tho... like 5 oz. vs. 2

Sp really servo costs wouldn't add TOO much to the overall costs because they take the same number of servos (unless you have a dual servo rudder which most aren't)

And to be honest... I wouldn't use standard servos on a 72" plane either...

ORIGINAL: bigsport

good idea fairplay! Maybe post some pics too.

I don't really want to get anything like the ultra stick, I'd rather stay with more scale type aircraft. Is it possible to use non-digital servos? Can you use digital servo with a FM radio? I have a Hitec flash 5 radio and I'd like to use that on the model I choose, or do I have to upgrade? Does anyone know how much the G26 or G38 weigh? I plan on doing alot of research on this before I buy anything so please pass on your ideas!
Old 08-05-2004, 06:50 PM
RustyTumbles

I was thinking of a minicraft/hanger 9 73'cap 232 with a G26 on it. Does this sound like a good combo? What is the wing area on this plane?
Old 08-05-2004, 08:34 PM
hayman1
My Feedback: (5)

The Texas Hurricane by Kangke seems to have a real good following here on RC universe.I've seen it fly with a ZDZ 40 and it was quite a combo,it slows down for a trainer kind of landing but it's on fire when you set it up for big control throws.And from past experience the customer service from Super Craft was wonderful.I bought a Kangke product of of RCU from a guy that said it was new and all parts where in the box,but when i received it no hardware,called up Kangke talked with James for a minute,all new hardware mailed out to me,free.There nice people!And best of all they have really nice products.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:13 PM
RustyTumbles

I have read the hanger 9 72" cap 232 flys well on a G23 so a G26 should be a good combo! I think it would fly good aero's but probably won't 3d with this engine. Has anyone had any experience with this combo?