Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

will a US.60 hover

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

will a US.60 hover

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2002, 05:25 AM
Jay7318713-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will a US.60 hover

Will a Ultra stick .60 with .90 Hover without much troube keeping stable and will it do 3D manuvers??
Old 08-10-2002, 05:03 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good question...putting a Saito .91 on mine...hope it does!

Jerry

PS Now can the PILOT hoover it????
Old 08-10-2002, 10:42 PM
Flatspin-RCU

Default us60

I have a US60 with a ST90 and it hovers very good and will torkroll if you rock the throttle enough...but it wont Lomcevek or waterfall...does pretty good flatspins but cant hold an inverted flatspin..I bolted the horizontal stab on so I could experiment with different elevator sizes and configurations...I think the reason it wont waterfall (flip over from hover) is that the HS area is so huge for one thing and the stab being on the bottom of the fuse is not in the propwash far enough...just my guess...when I get time I'm going to build a whole new HS and cantilever? elevator setup and try that...I added 1 1/2 in to the rudder to get better knife edge but slow KE takes alot of fighting it and is very wobbly...I have a u can do ordered from Tower when they come out.. might try the ST90 on it and if it has the power for 3D I will buy another one. keep us posted on your 3D efforts with the US60. I do like doing slow and low manuvers right over the deck.

Ron
Old 08-11-2002, 01:33 AM
Tom02
My Feedback: (3)

Working on it right now, never thought it would though. A guy I met at the field told me how he did it on his. He kept adding tail weight, just a little at a time .25-.50 ounce. You want it so that when you go inverted you just barely touch the elevator. Once your at this point you know that your close. Keep adding, small incriments, but now is the time that you start trying to hover it. Eventually you should have it. Flatspin, on ur plane did u put both tail servos and the battery in the rear as I've seen others do? I have my battery back there but not my servos.

Tom
Old 08-11-2002, 11:07 PM
Flatspin-RCU

Default u60

Tom...yes I have the servos in the tail ...one on top of the fuse just in front of the vertical stab for rudder and one on side for elevator...I have the batt under foam in the bottom of the fuse almost on the CG...plane balances level at recommended cg..so I'm going to add a few ounces lead to the tail and probably get a flatter flat spin...also I was trying to do waterfalls with ele and flap going the same way but I read here where there supposed to be opposite like down ele and flaps go up so havent tryed it yet...maybe tomorrow after work if I dont have to work overtime....WORK REALLY INTERFEARS WITH MY FLYING! 8^)

Ron
Old 08-12-2002, 02:17 AM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing I can't do EASILY with my US 60 and Saito FA-100 is a knife edge. One of these days I'll figure out the mixing I need to do a decent knife edge. This is a maneuver I never had a problem with with the US 120 with an OS FX 1.60.

The only problem I have with hovering is my ability. Most of the time it either keeps going virtical on me or it torgue rolls and I loose coordinatiion. Recovery is easy and very positive.