Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1704

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: jerrys big boy by morris hobbies

Not a Spoiler but another one of Jerrys

http://www.extremeflightrc.com/html/outlaw.html
    land of the FREE: you\'re free to get a JOB not a handout.
    home of the BRAVE: they paid for it and you\'re enjoying it

come on all of you big boy regulars come and join in on the new spoiler/big boy thread, just sign in and let us know you are around.

rr
    Revver Bro #196

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello All, I am HUMMER. I would like to thank all off you that contributed to for the Jerry's Big Boy. It is nice to know that there are still people who appreciate what the military does for this nation and it's people. I have talked to ICEMAN32 several time since July 2007. I however have not yet recieved your charitable gift. I will be watching for the Spoiler or JBB on E-bay. Hoefully I will soon be posting my success stories with the great ones I have read on this forum.

Thank You ALL
    Ken
    HUMRNV

ken, i am very sorry that you have not recieved your plane yet. i wish we knew what happened to iceman on his deal. keep us posted and join us on the new spoiler/bigboy forum here on rcu.

randy racer
    Revver Bro #196

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Ken, It is good to know that you are home. Hope you get your Big Boy soon and can start enjoying how it flys. I flew mine today. Good luck with your flying. Wayne M.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks like this thread is on the way out. I flew my Big Boy last friday and found a crack in the insulator block. I ordered a new one from Mark Brill and it should be here this week. Anyone know how a gas engine runs with a crack in the block? Mine was surging in the mid-range and top end. Hope this block will fix it. Wayne M.

waynem, this thread isn't dead we just wanyted a place we could talk about big boys and spoilers too without getting deleted. come on over to the spoiler/jbb freinds and family thread.
    sorry to hear you are still having trouble with the little gasser, maybe the new parts will take care of it.

rr
    Revver Bro #196

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So what the hell happened to ICEMAN. A lot of us donated hard earned cash to hep out HUMMER get a Big Boy and now NOTHING????????????? If I have to go to TEXAS and get the BB and deliver it to HUMMER, I will......... I am heading to SD in july and will gladly deliver the BB. This is not the way to treat our guys in uniform. I mean we told him it was coming. That just sucks...........

Pissed off

Bob

i don't know what happened to iceman and i think it is sad that he has let everyone down. i have been involved in things like this before but this is the 1st time i felt cheated even though Hummer is who was really cheated.

randy
    Revver Bro #196

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Randy, I agree with you and Bob on the Big Boy that we gave on for Hummer. I hope Iceman has a good reason for not getting the plane to him. I found my problem with my G23 gas engine. The inlet needle arm somehow got to high and was flooding the engine in mid-range and idle. I have it ajusted now and have flown it about a dozen times with good perfomance. Good luck in the Spoiler contest. Wayne M.

my scheme didn't make the final round but you guys need to cast your votes. we are the real big boy /spoiler lovers and we should have a say in what we are going to be flying the next few years. i think a lot of the guys over on the other site don't even know what a spoiler is and have no plans to own one so step up and be counted.
    good to hear your engine is running better waynem, now maybe the weather will get nice enough so we can burn some fuel.

rr
    Revver Bro #196

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, I've been flying my Jbb a fair amount lately. It's been windy but it doesn't matter to me or the JBB! The plane flys great with a Brillelli 26 on it. I haven't really trimmed at well as I'd like to because with 15-20 mile-a-hour winds its fun to play with... harrier. waterfalls, etc.... but I can't really fine-tune it like I would if it were calm and I could see what was really going on. I switched from a 16x8 Zinger (break-in prop) to a Beila 18x6 carbon fiber, and it really likes it. It was totally unnecessary to move the servos to the rear to balance my Brelli 26 SS gasser. I ended up putting larger/heavier battery packs in the hatched compartment I built directly behind the firewall. I thought that I would need them in the rear, behind the wing , but not so[sm=71_71.gif][sm=71_71.gif]
    I also went with so carbon fiber landing gear after a couple flights. Not only lighter, but i landed a little hard and bent the stock stuff a little ( as everybody has reported) and since I had them left- over from my demised[sm=crying.gif] custom- built Ultra stick/trick stick 120, why not?
    DOES ANYBODY fly with the wheel pants? I fly off grass so I don't use wheel pants on any of my planes, but I was just curious. One last question which I will probably post on the Spoiler family/friends thread at some point too... On either plane what do you guys think about using carbon fiber strip along the airlons leading and trailing edges to stiffen them up without adding weight and going to a sigle high-torque servo each wing instead of the 2 servo per wing set up? I'm sure Jerry Smith has considered the pros/cons of each set-up, but it would be simpler I would think. I don't use matchboxes or anything to set up the sevos and it is kinda time-consuming/tedious to do it mechanically.
    Mike
    A JBB/future Spoiler Newbie
    Good Flying!
    Mike

mike, jerry is flying a spoiler now with one servo per aileron but he has to be very careful not to flutter the ailerons. i feel for most people two per is the best and safest way to do it, jerry knows how to fly slow enough to keep from hurting his plane but most people like to fly a little faster. i have had great luck with two futaba 3010's per and they are only around 24.00 each.
    i wish i lived close enough to see your big boy fly with the little gasser on it and you could try out my spoiler with the OS 160.

randy
    Revver Bro #196

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Theres enough flex in them for the 2 servos without a matchbox
    I like to warp my ailerons so that inboard they are about 1/8'' flap and outboard about 1/8'' reflex making an already hard to stall wing even harder to stall
    If you trace the wing profile before you glue the wing then you can make 2 wing jigs to set them up with
    A tip from Jerry by the way
    He also said 90 oz servos are plenty even for the spoiler metel gear of course
    land of the FREE: you\'re free to get a JOB not a handout.
    home of the BRAVE: they paid for it and you\'re enjoying it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

skiman762
    Are you saying warp the airlerons inboard 1/8" down and outboard 1/8" up? Also dose anyone use mixes to help with knife edges?

Doug

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

anyone know where i can one of these used or arf not a builder here for kits?
    Greg

Fly it like you stole it!!!!!!

they are hard to find., i don't of any out there right now. i hope spoilers will be out soon from east rc.

rr
    Revver Bro #196

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have one listed here on RCU if anyone wants to buy one

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anybody has one of the spoiler kit, ARF or ready to fly airplane.

i don't know of any for sale but we are still waiting for East RC to get the new spoiler arf's built. give them a call and get on the waiting list.

rr
    Revver Bro #196

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good luck hearing form East RC. I got a email saying they would let me know when the planes arrived but that was months ago. Is there any news on the plane for Hummer? I gave about $50 to the cause.
    Hanger:Sig Mayhem 3D w/YS110, Jerry\'s Big Boy w/YS110, Funtana 40 w/Saito 82, Hobby Lobby Extra 300 w/Hacker 20/20L

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Suitcase, Good to see you posting on the B.B. forum again. I had a little mishap with my big boy about three weeks ago. Cracked the leading edge of the right wing on a post that some of our members had put a wind sock on across the field. I knew it was there,but depth perception got me and I though I was on this side of it.I was landing and at an idle about two feet off the ground or it could have been bad. I have repaired the BB and flown it about a dozen times since. Wayne M.

i got ripped off on the hummer deal too for 30.00 but those of us who gave did the right thing. the guy who took our money and never got the plane to hummer will pay in the end.[:@]

i talked with dave at east rc a couple weeks ago and he told me the spoiler prototypes where on this side of the ocean and just waiting to make it through customs. i have not heard anything since then but i still hope to learn more soon.

rr
    Revver Bro #196

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah guys it's good to be back. Just haven't been visiting the site lately. Actually, haven't been able to fly much due to the wind. It's been really bad here in central VA. Last time I flew my BB though it flew great as usual. I let RVator fly it before we left and she dead sticked on him. Unusual for the YS to do that but it did and he brought it in across field and set it down just before the gravel road. The farmer had just cut the hay and it was laying, not raked, on the field and caught the wheels and flipped her over in the gravel. Got some rash on the top of the vert. stab thats about it.
    I crashed that world models ulimate40. My 46fx died and she dropped a wing. Oh well, like they say, bi-planes, everybody needs to own at least one!
    There were two "iceman" posting here I think. One looked like a teenager the other was involved somehow with the Morris Hobbies I think. whatdayasay?
    Hanger:Sig Mayhem 3D w/YS110, Jerry\'s Big Boy w/YS110, Funtana 40 w/Saito 82, Hobby Lobby Extra 300 w/Hacker 20/20L

good to hear from you again suitcase. i'm still flying my spoiler and a few other planes looking for spring to come and warm things back up.

rr
    Revver Bro #196