Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

World Models Cap232 .46

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

World Models Cap232 .46

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 09:38 PM
rvd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default World Models Cap232 .46

Anybody own one of these? How does it fly and how's the quality compared to other 40szie caps?
Old 09-06-2002, 11:35 AM
EkRr
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI

I have the WM40 Cap. Presently it is my favorite airplane. I have a Saito 72 on it with a 13 x 6 MAS prop. I heard that it was a snappy plane with bad habbits on stall. I have not seen this at all. I fly the plane 8-10 times a week. It does all the maneuvers. I would put a Saito 91 or a 91 2 stroke on it if I did it again. I would also put the elevator servos in the tail, like Hitec 225MG's The rudder, I use a Hitec 605 with a Sullivan Pushrod. I would go Pull Pull instead as you will get better rudder control. I have the rudder on hi rate at max throw and it will Knife edge loop. In fact this airplane does the most awesome knife edge passes out of any plane at our field. Knife edge spins are also great.

The construction is very good. I did have a problem with the plywood tab that locks the wing to the fuse on the leading edge of the wing break off. But if you seen the snap rolls that I do with this you would understand why :-) It was an easy fix, I replaced the plywood with 2 hardwood dowels.

I would definately go for it....Awesome plane.
Old 09-06-2002, 11:55 AM
quint-rcu
My Feedback: (24)

I'm in the process of selling one that I've owned for a couple of years and powered with a Saito .91 and a 13 x 8 prop. Tried a 14 x 6 and found that it tended to slow the plane down too much at idle. The pluses are many and the model quality is very good as are most WM ARF's. It flies like it's on rails and gives the impression of being a larger ship if you're into scale aerobatics. The negatives were a somewhat flimsy landing gear and a tendency to snap with full elevator inputs at high speeds - Then again most CAPs will snap like that.

Think twice about putting servos in the tail area since the CAP comes out tail heavy to begin with and even with the .91 it took some nose weight to balance. You might consider Hitec 425s to 625s if you go with the larger engine. Although the 225s have lots of torque, their gear train is somewhat light and they lack holding power for the larger engine's loads.

I would recommend it if you are looking for a .46 sized CAP, yet also look into the GP Extra-300 in that range. Having owned and flown both with the same power plants and radio packs, I opted for the Extra.

quint
Old 09-09-2002, 06:41 AM
NM_Mark
My Feedback: (8)

Question for the flyer's with the World Models 46 size Cap 232...I just bought one from a friend, and it does seem like a well built plane. My only concern is the balance...compared to my Sig SE and some other planes I have...the model acts tail-heavy. My friend didn't have the plans, so I don't know where the stock balance point is. I'd like to know, to give me a reference point to work from. If you could let me know where it balances (or should be balanced)...

Thanks much

Mark

http://snow.prohosting.com/mspringf
Old 04-08-2005, 09:26 PM
FreakNastyAerobatics

Default RE: World Models Cap232 .46

The instructions say 3.26 inches behind the leading edge measured at where the wing meets the fuselage.

I test flew mine tonight and did notice that when I pulled full up elevator it would snap pretty hard to the right. Is there any way of getting that out of it or is it just the way the tail is designed? Other than that, it is a great flying aircraft. It tracks like it's on rails and does great snaps.

Larry
Old 04-08-2005, 09:44 PM
NM_Mark
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: World Models Cap232 .46

That's a Cap...that's the way they fly. Great for 3D at slow speeds.

Mark