Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

World Models Cap 232 46R

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

World Models Cap 232 46R

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 09:47 AM
Al Lewis
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: World Models Cap 232 46R

I just got this plane in and plan to fly it with an O.S. .70 Surpass II. I checked out the user reviews and found a guy that says his hovers great with this engine and a 13X6 sport prop. As far as the landing gear issue, the Phoenix SU-31 had the same problem. I think it's just inherent to the style of plane and mounting position. As soon as I get this together I'll do a review and post some video but it's likely to be a while. Definately not too crazy about the all white bottom but think I have a good plan to take care of that without messing up the planes theme. How about a couple of Castrol stickers from the local auto parts store. They're usually fuel proof and the colors have to match. Should look great on the underside of the wings.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84292.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	352292  
Old 11-18-2005, 03:28 AM
hitcttd
My Feedback: (8)

Joinin the club guys, gonna put one on order very soon... Heard alotta good things about this plane thus far... Will post updates on "build" and flight when she comes...
Old 11-18-2005, 01:06 PM
MannyEdge
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: Lou55

I just got this plane in and plan to fly it with an O.S. .70 Surpass II.

I have OS .70 II and I wanted to get a CAP, too. How do you think the GP CAP compares to the WM CAP? I know the WM is cheaper, but what else? I cannot decide. I have heard that the GP CAP cannot be flown slow. Give me some input on my dilemma.

Thanks
Old 11-18-2005, 08:58 PM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Great Planes CAP is 2 pounds heavier for the same size aircraft!!!!
Old 11-20-2005, 12:28 AM
pcm1024

The .70 will fly it nice, but it will not be overpowered. And definatley won't hover. I have one with .91 Saito great combo!
Old 11-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Al Lewis
Banned

Okay, we need to talk. I'm now thinking about putting a Saito Golden Knight .82 in mine. Any Ideas on how that would work out? I've never owned a Saito before so I'm a little skeptical and I definitely don't want to cut that beautiful cowl any more then necessary.
Attached Images  
Old 11-20-2005, 08:19 PM
Al Lewis
Banned

No comparison in my book. This plane has a beautiful covering job, flies great, from what I've read, and cost and weighs less. Do the math.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:25 PM
Dav0012

Hi, i have also bought one of these Models, i am thinking of buying a saito .72 to put in it, do you's think this will be sufficient power?, i beleive it won't be unlim vertical flight, but i probably won't be needing to go too high at this stage anyhow .
Old 11-21-2005, 11:03 PM
Al Lewis
Banned

I'm considering a Saito .82 at the moment but am also trying to get some info.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:35 PM
Dav0012

I was just thinking, if i hold off, and save up a little extra for the 82 it would benefit me powerwise, so i dont have to update as i progress in flying skill, and the 82 has the same size engine casing as the 72 anyhow, so i think i might go for the 82 straight off
Old 01-07-2006, 11:24 AM
ludovit

I have my WM Cap 232-46R on the way. I will convert her to electric like mine H9 Funtana 90S, Sig 3D Mayhem 90 size, H9 Twist.
I will use AXI 4120/14, APC 14x7E prop (if clearance will allow), MaxxAmps 5S2P-4200 Lipo, Jeti OPTO 70 amp SC.
I had this setup in my Twist which weigh ready to fly 6 lb 1oz with unlimited vertical. Beauty of electrics is that instant raw power and torque allowing
to swing large props. My AXI 5320/34 in Sig 3D Mayhem swings APC 20x8E prop on 10S2p-4200.
I can't wait to see her fly. This is my first Cap. I fly mostly 3D planes. I don't think that Cap 232 is a true 3D plane, but it has fairly large rudder ,elevator
and decent ailerons, which should help 3D maneuvers.
I will post pictures on the conversion.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Al Lewis
Banned

I've already flown mine with a YS .63FZS in it and have unlimited vertical and hover at half throttle. I use about ten feet of runway to take off and then pull it vertical off of the runway. Check out the full User Review I did on this plane. Also check out the video http://www.rcuniverse.com/mvp/videolink.cfm?postid=872 I put in Members Videos. WM CAP 232-46R 1st Flight 3D. This plane flies like a dream.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:01 PM
damo666

ORIGINAL: tom freeman

Finally maiden voyage is complete. weather cooperated here in the nashville area.

she goes where you point her. be sure to start out at about 70 % on the dual rate settings.

absolutely no bad tendencies. she does disappear quickly in the horizon. the thunder tiger 46 pro pulls her around quite nicely.

vertical climb rate is impressive but not unlimited. predictable landing characteristics with no tendency at all to tip stall.

flights took place with a 5 - 10 mph cross wind. she stayed together with nothing coming loose after 3 flights.

overall great plane. i will add decals to the bottom of the wing for better visability.

i'm looking forward to hearing from anyone else with good or bad experiences on this bird .

G-Day Tom,

I had the wmcap232 with tt46pro and jr539 servos flew like a dream a bit snappy with more than 10not x wind[&o]
Over all what a great little plane i found it flew better a little tail heavy i think i was 5-10 mm back of netrual and it stayed on knife edge all day[X(][:-]
Another plane i can recomend is the giles 202 the blue one 50 from cmpro but its a painfull build as they forgot to drill the hole for the main wing with the correct size so you need to make one up but flys awsom this is my second giles 202.

Im now starting to fly 25% edge540t from cmpro currently running a magnum 108 2 strock but the engine is a nugget[:@] but the plane flys well and lands awsome hope this helps

damo666
Old 01-14-2006, 11:31 AM
DVM100

I had one of these CAPs and it flew like a dream. I had a Magnum .61 2stroke in her and on it's first flight she dead sticked and came down almost walking speed in long grass (3 feet high). The model disintegrated - no glue in the joints and the main spar was balsa! The wholesaler has washed his hands of it because I had a 61 2 stroke on board, even though it weighs less than a .70FS and puts out marginally more power than a OS .46AX. What a load of crap! Has anyone else had trouble with these World Models? I've read plenty of forums praising them and I certainly believe they fly well, but the gluing or lack of is a real issue.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:31 AM
rese

Hi guys just finished building mines and i installed an OS 50 sx, hopeing for maiden soon waitting on the weather to break here in nc. ive read some of your remarks about the plane and most of them sound great i hope my plane do as well it was a really great model to put together and i reinforced some parts of the fuse so with that i will keep you imformed on my maiden, just wanted to let you know that your comments are really helpful so keep up the good work.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:11 AM
GMoneyPit
My Feedback: (5)

You guys have got me all pumped up. I ordered mine last night, with any luck it will be here by the end of next week. I've got an OS 46FX that I took out of my Modeltech Twister (replaced it with a Saito 72) to power it. Based on what's been said so far, this should do the job for me. Sounds like it won't hover with it, but it should be good enough for me to have some fun zipping around the field showing off its elegance. I just finished building my Seagull Harrier .46 (Saito 82) and after I get that engine broken in, it will be ready to maiden.

Man, I sure can wait to get my hands on the Cap. I know it's gonna have engine-envy as it looks at the Twister and Harrier, but it will have to wait its turn (either the demise of one of them or an influx of money from the "boss"). I hope the build is as easy as everyone says!

G
Old 01-29-2006, 12:34 AM
Al Lewis
Banned

Forget the .46!!!! Put the Saito in the CAP!!!!
Old 01-29-2006, 02:32 AM
GMoneyPit

Nah, I'll stick with the 46 for now, the other two planes need the Saitos more. If I get any good with the CAP, I'll pick up a Saito 72 or 82 when the budget allows. The Southeastern Model Show is coming up in March (3-4, our club is hosting it, here's a [link=http://gamarc.com/georgia.html]link to our site[/link]) and I'll see about picking one up there after I've flown it with the 46.

Did you ever decide on getting the 82?
Old 01-29-2006, 10:02 AM
Al Lewis
Banned

I went with a YS .63FZS and love it. The video is posted under members video http://media.putfile.com/CAP-232-2nd-Flight . It really flies great on single and dual rates. I'm using an APC 13x4W prop and the plane loves it. Landings are slow and three point. You may want to read the full review I did on this plane in user reviews. It has a view tips that may save you grief later. I'm actually using this plane to learn 3D and aerobatics, it's that forgiving. Good luck with the .46 and the RC show!!!

Name:	Db86234.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	397650   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75714.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	397651   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63041.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	397652   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14408.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	397653  
Old 01-29-2006, 10:54 AM
GMoneyPit

Very sweet video. It will be quite some time before I can make it do that (on purpose :-). Let me ask you...will it handle full throttle dives, even with that YS? I figure whatever it will handle with that 63 4c it will handle with the 46. I am very excited about getting this CAP.

I was able to run about 20 minutes worth of initial break-in on my Saito 82. It sure was rough during that first tank, shook like a mutha. Settled down quite a bit on the next tank. It's raining here today so I don't think I'll get much done. I want to run another 20-30 minutes and get the idle a little lower and reliable before I take up the Harrier. So far a nice running engine that started right up with about a half second burst of the electric starter. I'm really psyched about getting that in the air as well, along with the Twister (Modeltech) which should really come alive with that Saito 72 (vs the FX46 that was in it).

Gary
Old 01-29-2006, 12:04 PM
Al Lewis
Banned

I haven't tried a full throttle dive with the YS, way too stressful. The sweet thing about having the YS in it is that it has plenty of power in reserve so flying slow 3D maneuvers is nice as all you have to do to get out of one is point it in the right direction and pour on the power. The YS engines are also VERY powerful in comparison to their counterparts. That video was shot at about 1/3 throttle except for the take-off. The plane will snap if you get it in just the right flight envelope but you have to try pretty hard. As for those maneuvers in the video, the torque rolls at the end were performed by Kyle Woyshnis (see February 2006 AMA Magazine page 122) who happens to be a member of our club and was at the field that day. I'm still learning all of that cool stuff and am using this plane to do it. Watching Kyle put it through its paces was not only impressive but re-enforced my assertion that this plane can do anything in the air. A lot of the other stuff was done by Terry Hubbard, one of our top instructors and a very good 3D pilot. Great bunch to learn from!!
Old 02-03-2006, 06:03 PM
rese

Hi guys i had my maiden today the plane flew great and i had no problems it a nice flying plane' i did add larger wheels for the grass and i use the throws in the manual i all so added large decals to the bottom of the wing made it much easier to see but over all the plane flew great and the landing was sweet so i think you will enjoy flying this one just put it together and add your little touches and go for it your love it i did.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:09 PM
GMoneyPit

I ended up getting a Saito FA82, should be a nice combo. I've got everything glued together and I have to say that this has been the easiest build I've done so far. I haven't done many, but every other one so far has not had the surfaces be as clean and parallel/perpendicular as this one. Great fit and finish and quality construction. It's now just a matter of installing the electronics and engine then fitting the cowl. I can't recall, but I seem to remember that it will have to be cut to fit the tall Saito. Can anyone refresh me? BTW, I also reenforced inside the gear area (it was tough getting in there but a 1/4 teaspoon works well to pour it back in there). I also epoxied all existing joints that I could reach. Should be pretty sweet when I'm finished and easily the one I'm most proud of to date. I found this [link=http://www.mikegoulian.com/html/video_gallery.html]link to Michael Goulian's video site[/link]. I would like to find a way to finish the bottom of the wings and stabs the way he has his, that would be like icing on the cake.

Gary
Old 02-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Al Lewis
Banned

You will definitely have to cut the cowl but if you tape the two halves of the clear cowl together and put them on the plane first you can test cut them. Once you have all of the cuts in those just put them over the real cowl and transfer the lines to it. Then you get a perfect cut. The Saito should make it a little nose heavy, which is good, as I balance mine with a 1/2 ounce of lead on the tail after the first couple of flights and found it would snap on nearly every maneuver. It even snapped on one of those straight up take-offs. Took the weights off and it's much nicer to fly now and does everything I want it to. Here are some pics of the YS installed. Good luck!! Hope you love yours as much as I love mine!

Name:	Tq48536.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	406942   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75585.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	406943  
Old 02-12-2006, 04:43 PM
Al Lewis
Banned

With regards to the bottom of the plane, I've found a way to make mine the same and am working on it at present. E-mail me if you're interested.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.