Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Goldberg Stinson station wagon?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Goldberg Stinson station wagon?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 01:17 PM
lwr_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Stinson station wagon?

I just performed an image search on google using "stinson 108". Lots of good pics.

I kind of like the big tail version and the Goldberg covering scheme. I bought mine off of Tower Hobbies Scratch and Dent for $100.00. The ad stated it had fuse damage. The only damage I could find after arrival was a slight dent in the covering. That was fixed in 20 seconds with a heat gun.

I have not started construction yet; however, I do plan to paint the gear and mount a single high torque servo up front in the fuse for the elevator. The two exteral servos in the tail are cheesey.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:51 PM
mustang51d
My Feedback: (1)

Am in the process of putting my Stinson together. One thing I found was you need to be careful as you mount the flaps, as the spot for the clevis mount is reversed on each side so be careful that you check these carefully so the servo will line up. Am using a OS120/ 4 stroke engine. Am intrested as to the CG issue---one blog indicated a lot of weight was needed in the nose. Hope this won't be the case with my engine as it's a little heavy anyway---any suggs will be appreciated
Mustang bob
Old 01-31-2006, 08:01 PM
flatspin1b

Have an OS 120 4c in mine......still comes out tail heavy. Flies great tho
Old 02-01-2006, 12:57 AM
Brian Smith
My Feedback: (117)

With nose weight needed, I wonder how a G26 would fit/work in this ship? Brian
Old 02-17-2006, 06:50 AM
builder jim

questio? are the grafix stick on's ? should one seal them before flying as exhaust will remove them if not sealed. and whats the width of the firewall ? thanks for the time......... builder jim
Old 03-24-2006, 11:15 PM
ziggy99
My Feedback: (59)

Here's a pic of my Stinson. I am using a OS 120 4 stroke and I am using a Hitec 645MG in the cockpit for the elevators. Adding that much nose weight just doesn't make sense to me.

I should have it ready this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86424.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	432515  
Old 04-09-2006, 06:14 PM
ziggy99
My Feedback: (59)

Well, I just got back from the Toledo show. Everything was great except for 1 thing. The Goldberg Products booth and especially the reps. I kindly asked them why the Stinson was so tail heavy. They replied with "It's not tail heavy" So I asked them, "Don't you ever read stuff on RCU or listen to customer comments", they replied" No, Why should we listen to comments or read stuff on RCU, We don't have time. We take too many calls and were just too busy" By this time, I was getting really upset. I told them I had an OS 120 4 stroke, a 6 volt, 3300 Mah C cell pack and an EDR 103 with battery stuffed in the nose and I moved the servos from the tail into the cockpit and it's still tail heavy. They proceded to tell me this is not possible and if I didn't like it to "sell the airplane".

I had to walk away, but my last comments were something like I'll never buy another Goldberg product again. They didn't care they lost a customer.

So much for listening to a customer, unfortunately for them, without customers, they are nothing more than another model airplane company that couldn't make it.

Everyone I know will know how the reps treated me and if I can help it, they won't buy a Goldberg product again!
Old 04-10-2006, 11:13 AM
B Shipp
My Feedback: (13)

Flew my Goldberg Stinson for the first time yesterday. Power is a OS 1.08. Great flying airplane! Hope you like yours.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:56 AM
IronCross

ORIGINAL: ziggy99

Well, I just got back from the Toledo show. Everything was great except for 1 thing. The Goldberg Products booth and especially the reps. I kindly asked them why the Stinson was so tail heavy. They replied with "It's not tail heavy" So I asked them, "Don't you ever read stuff on RCU or listen to customer comments", they replied" No, Why should we listen to comments or read stuff on RCU, We don't have time. We take too many calls and were just too busy" By this time, I was getting really upset. I told them I had an OS 120 4 stroke, a 6 volt, 3300 Mah C cell pack and an EDR 103 with battery stuffed in the nose and I moved the servos from the tail into the cockpit and it's still tail heavy. They proceded to tell me this is not possible and if I didn't like it to "sell the airplane".

I had to walk away, but my last comments were something like I'll never buy another Goldberg product again. They didn't care they lost a customer.

So much for listening to a customer, unfortunately for them, without customers, they are nothing more than another model airplane company that couldn't make it.

Everyone I know will know how the reps treated me and if I can help it, they won't buy a Goldberg product again!
Old 04-11-2006, 07:59 AM
IronCross

What do you expect from a company that wants to charge you to look at the manuals on the the web... I would really like to have there Decathlon but refuse to get one because of there policys... Got a Monocoupe instead...
Old 08-26-2006, 08:35 PM
timmca
My Feedback: (5)

ziggy99 - I am wondering how you set up the elevator linkages in your set-up? I am also trying to relocate the elevator servos forwards and cannot decide whether to fabricate an internal linkage or just use two flexible rods routed out the rear servo apertures. Would appreciate advice!

Thanks

Tim
Old 12-03-2006, 07:35 PM
LowKey3D

I'm trying to decide if I should use a old Super tiger S2000 or go Zenoah G20 or G26..
Anybody have one of these combo's?

Thanks

Old 01-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Wolfeman
My Feedback: (6)

I'm just finishing mine up now. I put a G26 on it....balances perfectly with no added weight
Old 01-29-2007, 10:04 PM
LowKey3D

I decided on BMCA 26cc. I have everything I need just need to finish it but I have some other projects in the way..
Wolfeman hows it fly??
Old 02-09-2007, 03:33 AM
Wolfeman
My Feedback: (6)

I haven't been able to maiden it yet, we are finally getting some rain around here. (Nothern CA) It weighs in at 14 lbs. and has 10 lbs static thrust, should be good, I think. I'll post some pics since I added a cockpit and will let you know how it goes....
Old 02-09-2007, 08:44 AM
LowKey3D

Mine is still in the box. Lost another airplane with a Evolution GT26. So I'm moving that engine to the Stinson. If I get plane done in time for
JoeNall I may put it on floats...
Old 03-03-2007, 12:22 AM
embpic1

Here's a pic of my Stinson. I am using a OS 120 4 stroke and I am using a Hitec 645MG in the cockpit for the elevators. Adding that much nose weight just doesn't make sense to me.

I should have it ready this weekend.
I just noticed in your pic that the gear legs are installed backwards. The should slant forward not back
Old 05-01-2007, 06:53 AM
LowKey3D

Well here it is. Took a while to get her on the bench. This is the most fun I have had with a high wing sport plane.
Yes some of the 256 hardware needs to be replaced with 440 stuff. The 26GT gasser was hard to cram in that
small cowl without going to special mufflers and prop hubs. less than 1/4 throttle for scale flight. unlimited
vertical Landings are easy with full flaps deployed. Loop, rolls, spins..

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48159.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	675862   Click image for larger version

Name:	So42990.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	675863  
Old 06-27-2007, 12:55 AM
jrotor

Ok guys, can u tell us how it flies ?
I heard about high wing loading, is this still a floater ?
Old 06-27-2007, 07:04 AM
LowKey3D

Yes it's a floater. With the 26GT she is way over powered to be scale.. The plane has no bad habits it stalls straight ahead and just mushes over.. Relaxing to fly. I have not weighed it, but I added 1.5 lbs of video camera and supporting battery for some aerial video footage and it handles it well, just used some flap help on landing with the extra weight...
Old 06-29-2007, 10:13 PM
jrotor

I have 2 concerns about this plane.
1. How to overcome tail heavy. I'm planning to use Magnum 120 FS and I can install battery in the front. Not sure if that'll be enough.
2. I want to have a plane that flies like "World Models Super Sports Senior 90", Entry level giant plane, Easy to land yet very aerobatic. Also light.
Can u guys tell me what u think ?
Thanks.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:10 PM
LowKey3D

ORIGINAL: jrotor

I have 2 concerns about this plane.
1. How to overcome tail heavy. I'm planning to use Magnum 120 FS and I can install battery in the front. Not sure if that'll be enough.
You could aways move the elevator servos to the cockpit and use a push rods on elevator. But why go through all that if there are other choices..
2. I want to have a plane that flies like "World Models Super Sports Senior 90", Entry level giant plane, Easy to land yet very aerobatic. Also light.
If you want to something aerobatic why not a plane with a symmetrical airfoil.. The Stinson is a flat bottom wing. How about a Giant U-can-do, these land at a crawl, or a Giant Super sportster..
Old 11-04-2007, 07:37 AM
jstanton
My Feedback: (14)

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

I just aquired this plane and I have read the review and this post. I am going to be using a small 26cc gas engine and I'll be putting the elevator servo's in the cockpit. I'll also put both reciever and ignition battiers up front. Do you think I'll need any more weight added to get the CG right? The BCMA 26cc gas engine weigh's 36oz with the muffler or the Brillelli 26cc gas engine weighs 45oz. I can use either engine.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:33 PM
LowKey3D

With my Evo 26 gasser, I left the elevator servos in the tail..
Old 11-04-2007, 10:19 PM
jstanton
My Feedback: (14)

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Lowkey,

Did you have to add any weight after installing the Evo 26 or did the Stinson balance without adding more weight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.