Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Ace Seamaster 40 ARF

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Ace Seamaster 40 ARF

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 11:49 PM
fast eddie b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ace Seamaster 40 ARF

Just got the Ace Seamaster distributed by Thunder Tiger (.40 size) Looks very well built. Anyone out there have one to comment about? I like the option of flying off land as I don't have water experience. Thought it would be good for snow also.

Fast Eddie B.
Old 09-18-2002, 02:21 AM
microflight

Great flying airplane,
Throw the ademden that comes in the instruction book out and build it per the instruction book.
The ademden calls for drilling the wing mount holes 7/8" from the T.E. and that is right in the center of the torque rods, Also don't drill where the little dimples are in the plastic plate on the wing as there is nothing under them but sheeting.
I drilled the second one I built at the 3/8" location like the instruction book shows and all was fine.
When I questioned Ace about this problem they didn't know where to drill the wing mount bolt holes.
Old 09-18-2002, 02:36 AM
downwind
My Feedback: (8)

Default seamaster

I'm on my second seamaster. I will probably always have one of these airplanes. I fly it only off of water. I have plenty of other land airplanes.
I think that the seamaster is one of the best flying planes out there. Having those floats out there on the wing tips act as anti-stall devises. i can really slow this thing down for a landing and it wont tip stall. I can come in really slow, get about 3 inches off the water, give full up elevator and drag the tail in the water. Then increase throttle and accelerate, climb out ,go around a do it again. tons of fun

Flying off of water is easier than land when using the seamaster. It tracks straight for landing and take-offs. I dont use the runner they say to glue on the bottom. Without the runner you can do some really neat brodies and power slides on the water.
I glued a very thin piece if aluminum across the whole the bottom of the plane to protect it from ding and scratches from rocks and such. I usually just power up as i head for the beach and the plane glide up about 4 feet onto shore.
Once this plane is in the air it flies like a sport plane. There are no floats or landing gear hanging from the plane , so its a fairly clean.
Some float planes with those big ole floats hanging from them came be a little combersome in the air, some of those plane are limited to just kind of flying around easy like. But with the seamaster you can fly the way you want- all crazy like me : )
look here for more
http://www.modelairplanenews.com/reviews/seamaster.asp
Old 09-19-2002, 05:21 AM
deadstickdan
My Feedback: (3)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Seamaster is great!

I've got one also and only fly it off water. It is a very good flyer and I enjoy it every time I have fown it. I glued the tip floats on permanently instead of using the velcro method of attachment. The "kit" assembles very quick and everything fit right. I opted to use a Saito .72 four stroke and it hauls the Seamaster around perfectly. I did have to modify the engine pod to fit this engine but it was well worth it. I also ordered a fiberglass engine cowl from Stan's Fibertech that I still need to mount on it. I'm not crazy about the plastic one they give you with the plane and none of the paint I've tried will stick to it very well.

The plane flies very stable and it will do just about anything you ask of it. Very, very smooth. Would I buy another? Most definitely!

Dan
Old 09-19-2002, 02:52 PM
otisray

I also have a Seamaster, and enjoy flying it. I've enjoyed flying wheeled planes for years, but flying off water adds a whole new dimension to the hobby. Do yourself a favor and don't set it up to put wheels on it, keep it for water only! Use a good, dependable engine, like an OS .46FX, it's a great running little engine. Like the guy said before me, with this plane it is the most fun to do touch and goes, mine also will do the power slide, and I put the keel on mine, but it will probably do it better with out it, however I think it helps with the steering of the plane....enjoy!!!!
Old 09-19-2002, 02:58 PM
Equest

Check-out the latest issue of Model Sport Video Magazine. There was a review done on it, with some tips too.
Old 09-19-2002, 05:50 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I fly the kit version, and yes, it's very good on soft snow! I also fly it on grass without wheels. That's even more fun than water!
Old 02-27-2016, 03:56 PM
[email protected]

does anyone have the manual to build the Ace Seamaster or know how to find the manual?