Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Global Cub .25 or WM Cub 26?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Global Cub .25 or WM Cub 26?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 08:35 PM
Jeepindog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Global Cub .25 or WM Cub 26?

I am looking for a fun little Cub that I can toss in the car for trips that will be powered by a .40 four stroke that has been sitting on my workbench, homeless, for far too long. The two choices are the World Models Cub 26, or the Modeltech (Global) Cub 25. The WM Cub is a 51" wing, while the Global plane has a 48" wing. Any info about either would be great. Thanks for the help.

Lachlan
Old 03-25-2005, 08:39 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Global Cub .25 or WM Cub 26?

I have neither. However, I have ARFs from both companies. They are both good, but I feel that the quality of WM is better than Modeltech.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:55 PM
IronCross

Check the covering on the Global Cub... I have the Global Decathlon... It is a nice looking great flying plane but it is covered with that "China Cote" covering.. This stuff stinks... It gets brittle and splits. If you pull a peice of the color stays behind and you have a clear peice of crud plastic in your hand.. If you try to patch it (even at low Ultracote temps) it withers up like a prune.. I beleive the WM Cub is covered in Ultracote...
Old 03-25-2005, 11:34 PM
Jeepindog

Thanks for the info. Funny thing about the Global planes is that I never see any of them at any of the local hobby shops. I may be blind. I *DO* see WM planes all over the place. Maybe I should buy the WM Cub 26 and have it done with. Any other thoughts from anyone else? I fly at 5500'MSL, so I think that the .40 four stroke will be ok for power, without overpowering a .25-sized Cub. Besides, I would not fly it at full throttle, so the 11" prop would look nice on that size Cub. [8D]

Lachlan
Old 03-26-2005, 06:29 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Sounds like a plan. The .40 four stroke will be more than enough for a .25 cub. I flew a slightly smaller cub, that I got off e-bay, with an OS .30 four stroke. It was more than enough power. I usually cruised at 1/3 throttle.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:25 AM
bn120
My Feedback: (1)

Go for the WM, I have the 40 size and for fun I put a LA.15 on it, yes I said a .15 and it flew so scale it was not even funny, took the whole runway, it was so underpowered but it did fly, so I took it off and put a saito.30 on it and it is so much fun to fly and sounds so scale with that little motor poopin out all she has and flying at a crawl.I am also a 300 ft.asl

Darin
Old 03-29-2005, 12:20 AM
Jeepindog

How are the struts on the WM Cub? And is the cowl prepainted? The Global Cub's cowl is prepainted. Not that big of a deal, but I'm looking for something to throw in the car and build while we're on vacation, and fly it a lot while on said vacation. The more stuff that's done on these little buggers, the better!

Lachlan