Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

TOPMODEL CAP 232, 222

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

TOPMODEL CAP 232, 222

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 06:32 PM
upline
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TOPMODEL CAP 232, 222

I REALLY LIKE THE LOOKS OF THE TOPMODEL TOPMODEL CAPS 2.07 METRE REEBOK AND SUBARU. ALSO THE CAP 222. ANYBODY OUT THERE GOT ONE OR KNOW ANYTHING ABOYT THEM?
Old 04-08-2005, 05:37 AM
corsair01

Default RE: TOPMODEL CAP 232, 222

I own a cap 232 3D Reebok from Topmodel. Very nice plane, powered with a 3W50i and tuned pipe. A real hammer.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Dan L

I just bought the same model. The instruction/assembly drawing leaves a lot to be desired and raises tons of questions. Do you have any tips from your assembly? Any experiences that may help me?
Old 09-17-2005, 11:03 AM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think we have a distributor here in the US for these models. Wish we did!

matt
Old 10-17-2005, 03:43 PM
Dan L

You may not have to be too sad that there is no distributor for Topmodel in the US. Since I queried this forum about the Topmodel CAP 232 last time I have written to the manufacturer and their distributors in France. The assembly instructions are non-existent and the only thing that comes with the model is a wholly inadequate and inaccurate assembly drawing. The lack of instructions constitute a danger in that some of the most critical information is lacking. This is a fairly large model and errors in construction could become a safety issue.

I have resent my questions to them twice and still have no answer - not from the Czech republic where they manufacture, nor from France where the distributor is located.

I will give Topmodel the benefit of the doubt until the end of this week. If they don't reply before then - they've had weeks to do so - I'll write a preliminary review for FLY RC.

Until further notice I advice everyone not to purchase this airplane from Topmodel. It is an expensive ARF and similar size and quality models are plentiful from more responsive and responsible companies such as Great Planes and Hangar 9. If and when they decide to take corrective action I will let this forum know immediately.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:20 AM
Kostas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have any pictures of your Cap ?