Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Morris Hobbies Knife ARF

Old 12-31-2001, 04:07 AM
Drew1287-delete

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Morris Hobbies Knife ARF

Does anyone know where i can find some info about this plane are does anyone have have one Thanks..

Drew
Old 12-31-2001, 04:25 AM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I saw the prototype a few weeks back at Morris Hobbies. It looked good. I dont think they are delivering them yet.
Old 12-31-2001, 05:36 PM
3D2000

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Re: Knife ARF

I ordered my Morris Knife ARF last week, I was told I should receive it before Jan 10.

KC.
Old 12-31-2001, 05:44 PM
pileosticks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Morris ARF's

I have a Top Cap and a Su-Do-Koi ARF on order with Morris. According to Morris they should be shipping this week I should recieve both planes by wed or thurs. As Far as the Knife ARF is concerned, I would have ordered one of those as well, but I already have a Knife (kit) that I have been flying for a few months now. Simply awesome! One of my flying buddies got a Su-do-koi ARF when they first came out over the summer, he loved it. The construction (of the su-do-koi ARF's that I have seen) is very very good. There were some early problems with the pull-pull tubes in the fuse being either too small or gummed up with glue, so many guys didn't use them. they just ran the pull pull cables outside the fuse through a couple of screw in "eye" hooks. Worked out just fine. As I said, I have a knife kit that is just great. Flat spins (upright and inverted) and tumbles with ease. Great knife edge flight (really tight knife edge loops too). And a VERY stable hovering plane. (almost as good as my Laser 3D) If the ARF flies anything like the kit, you won't be dissapointed. So far I have seen (or flown) the Knife, the Su-do-koi ARF, and the Top Cap Kit and all are awesome fun-fly/3-d performers. I'll let you know what I think of the new line of ARF's as soon as I recieve mine. The truth is, I don't mind building the profile kits, they go together REAL fast, I just can't cover worth a *rap! So for me, the ARF's are the perfect solution.
Old 12-31-2001, 06:32 PM
3D2000

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Engine choice

pileosticks,

What engines and props combo do you use. I have a Magnum 46 that I have not used for years to put it in. I may try OS surpass 70 or get a saito 72 or 52 if the OS is too heavy.

KC.
Old 01-01-2002, 03:51 AM
pileosticks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Morris ARF's

3D2000,

I have been flying my knife with a TT Pro .46 and APC 12 1/4 x 3 3/4 prop. Plenty of power, hovers at less than 1/2 throttle and climbs out of hover like it was shot from a cannon. My friend with the Su-du-koi ARF flew his with an os .46 fx with the APC 12 1/4 x 3 3/4 prop, same results. Plenty of oomph for this plane. The Top Cap at my field flies with a Rossi .45 and tuned pipe,not sure of the prop but somewhere in the APC 11 or 12 inch range, also a good combo. For my Top Cap ARF I plan on using my MVVS .49 with mini tuned pipe or my TSI .46 not sure yet which one.
I don't really have any experiance with the Magnum engines, but any good .46 should be plenty for these profiles. Definately go with the APC prop either 12 1/4 x 3 3/4 or 11 x 4, whichever your Magnum can spin up faster. Buy one of each and see which one your engine likes better.
As far as the four strokes go, I can't be too much help. I've never flown any of the "smaller" four strokes. My friend with the Su-do-koi had the Saito .72 in a hanger 9 pizzaz, he wasn't all that impressed with the plane or the engine, he sold both after about a week or so. I know alot of people are raving about the Saito .72 but i've never really played with one enough to give you an informed opinion.
Old 01-01-2002, 05:36 AM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Anyone who is familiar with my posts on the message boards knows that I rave about my Top Cap and Saito .72 combination. It is a superb 3D'er. I initially had a Webra .50 in this plane and it flew great but for 3D you cant beat the power and torque of a four cycle.

The Saito .72 has been a very good running engine. Not a single problem with it.
Old 01-01-2002, 10:06 PM
BALSA BANDIT

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I fly a MORRIS KNIFE and if the arf is anything at all like to built up model, you can't go wrong with this plane. Hardest thing to do is to trim it out on it first flight. Only way it gets done without crashing is to lift it off the ground and get up about 100ft. and pull back on the power. Now you can adjust the trims without putting it into a pile on the field. Ken....The "BALSA BANDIT"
Old 01-03-2002, 11:07 PM
3D2000

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Thank you.

Thank you pileosticks and others for all the info.

KC.
Old 01-04-2002, 12:43 AM
Drew1287-delete

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default knike

Thanks All the helpfull tips.