Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Sig Sundancer 50 ARF

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Sig Sundancer 50 ARF

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 06:06 PM
Flatspin-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig Sundancer 50 ARF

Has anyone seen any specs on this plane or when it will be avaiable? Thanks

Ron
Old 05-18-2005, 08:13 PM
gnirwin
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sig Sundancer 50 ARF

Go to the Sig site. They list all the specs on this plane. I am planning on purcahsing this plane soon. I have been waiting for a few months for this one. One neat thing about it is that it comes in two different color schemes. It looks like it is available now, at least it doesn't say on the site that it isn't available.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28519.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	273381  
Old 05-19-2005, 04:49 PM
Flatspin-RCU

Thanks gnirwin...I'll check out the sig site...I want to convert one to electric...I have a SE5a Modeltec bipe that I converted that is about the same weight but I want something more aerobatic now

Ron
Old 10-27-2005, 10:55 PM
danedelman
My Feedback: (25)

Did anyone get one yet??
Old 02-17-2006, 01:22 PM
r/cdawg

Hey all,
I see that Tower and Omni both have the purple Sun Dancer 50 shown as being in stock and the yellow shown as late February arrival. Anyone have any on backorder?
Old 02-18-2006, 07:50 AM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

I just received the red and yellow Sundancer 50 that I ordered from Tower. I had originally ordered it back in September then cancelled it and then reordered it. It is next on the building block after finishing my Phoenix Super Decathlon. I took all of the pieces out of the box and it is a high quality kit - at the moment I would say that it is equal in quality to the Phoenix SD. The hardware appears to be excellent - the tailwheel assembly is gorgeous. The covering is exceptional. All in all the kit will not dissapoint you. My first reaction is that the price is not in line with other excellent kits but let me continue to think about that before coming to a conclusion. Lets see how the building goes and then decide.

I am planning on using a ST 75 with Bisson Pitts for the power plant and would appreciate any feedback about this choice. I also have entertained using an OS 61 FX with Bisson Pitts or a Saito 91. I do not think that a 46 will provide any where near the needed power. I do not like to over power my planes and I am not a 3D guy but I do like good vertical ability. Like I said - I would appreciate your thoughts on this subject.

Yesterday was an extraordinary day here in central Florida with no wind all day and temperatures in the 70s and I flew as much as I could. A friend of mine accomplished the maiden on his big Sundancer gas machine, with smoke, and it was a sight to behold. I have chores to do today but hopefully I will be back at the field tomorrow. One of my knock around planes is a GP Easy Sport 40 and if you have not flown one you are in for a major suprise. It is not quite as aerobatic as a Kaos but it is not too far behind and a whole lot of fun to fly. Mine has an OS 46 AX and it really fills the bill when you want to throw something in the car a get to the field. I am also trying to finish up a GP Ultra Sport 60 kit but things keep getting in the way. Sorry to get off thread.

If anyone has any questions about the Sundancer 50 ARF, in the box, please feel free to send your questions my way and I will do my best. I would like to hear about engine choices for the Sundancer.

Howard
Old 02-18-2006, 05:42 PM
PropSpinner
My Feedback: (15)

Howard,

Have you ever used the Super Tigre and Bisson pitts combo? I have a ST61-ABC with a Bisson pitts and I can't get it to run consistently. The pitts doesn' provide enough tank pressure. Other people have had Pitts on ST's with no problems. I added a Perry pump to it but haven't had the time to test it out. I like Super Tigre's but I personally haven't had good luck with the pitts muffler.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:08 AM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

Propspinner,

I have not tried the ST Bisson Pitts combo so your heads up is very helpful. I will pose that question to Mr Baxter on the ST forum. Somewhere I read a thread where (not necessarily about ST) a solution was to plug one of the exhaust outlets - sounds pretty restrictive to me. I plan to break the engine in on a test stand and then fly it on my Joss Stick to make sure that it functions before hiding it under the cowl of the Sundancer. I will try the Bisson in that configuation and report back. The package from Bisson says it is for both the ST 75 and the ST 91.

My last ST 75 came very rich on the low end and I had to really lean the low speed idle to get it to run correctly - if you have not tried that you may want to. I also lost the throttle stop screw and had to replace it. I am thinking about removing it entirely and plugging up the hole. The barrel on the carb is not held in by the throttle stop screw. Additionally, I had problems with not being able to shut the engine down and in retrospect I cannot remember if the throttle stop screw was in place or gone. I also experienced a sudden burst of continual tiny metal particles in the exhaust so I ultimately sent the engine to Hobby Services. They sent me a brand new engine and said that the metal pieces were from the interior of the muffler coming loose but made no other comments about it not shutting down. ST is one of the last ringed engines so I am going to give this one more try and assume that I just got a bad one. I have complete faith that Hobby Services will stand behind the product.

I purchased the engine specifically for the Sundancer and hope that I made the right choice. I will keep you plugged in.

Howard
Old 02-19-2006, 04:23 PM
goneflyin
My Feedback: (1)

What is the servo arangement. Send some pics..

Later