Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Twinstar problems?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Twinstar problems?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 12:53 AM
Fubar-One
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twinstar problems?

Just about finished with my Twinstar and started running into non-major but very annoying problems:
Nickle plated landing gear. The plating increased the diameter to the point where none of the wheel collars fit. Had to grind the nose gear shaft all the way down to the flat spot to remove all the plating. The pre-made flat spot is neat but was apparently stamped which further deformed the shaft meaning more grinding.
Same goes for the main gear, had to grind down the ends of the axles to get the collars on those also but only needed to grind down the very ends.
Shorted me the landing strap screws and I dont have any handy unfortunately.
Means a trip to Orchard Supply Hardware but would have to go there anyway because the supplied screws for the nose cowl are machine thread not wood screws which makes em useless for their intended use.
Other than that, the plane assembles pretty easily, the only other hassles are the typical ones encountered when using 4 stroke engines.