Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

.25 size Gee Bee ARF

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

.25 size Gee Bee ARF

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 06:35 AM
Tsutomu Mabuchi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .25 size Gee Bee ARF

ORIGINAL: TLH101

Take close look at the "scallops" on the wing of the unbuilt airplane in the ads. The finished plane, and the kit they show are not the same.
To me, that is imediate "red flag".
And the ailerons are different, too.
The pic is tip aileron, the kit is full aileron.
Any way, they have to show the true picture especially
in their advertizement. That's the minimum.

Tsutomu Mabuchi
Old 07-19-2005, 06:58 AM
Tsutomu Mabuchi

Sorry, I uploaded the same thing.

Tsutomu Mabuchi
Old 07-19-2005, 12:03 PM
forestroke

piper chuck - i was actually going to put that in and somehow it was omitted! it was suppose to read:

"on the other extreme there are the world models aircombat series which look absolutely un-scale but fly wonderfully!"

slip of the fingers... thanks for pointing that out!
Old 07-19-2005, 09:39 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also think it was not cool to show the picture of the 120 one for the 25 one. I have the big one already...I was looking at the small one...but after seeing the pic of the real thing here? No thanks.
It's just SO far off scale, it's cartoony. I don't care for it. It's only $89 bucks, but that ain't the problem...the problem is it looks only very remotely like a Gee Bee!
The bigger one is okay, have not flown it yet. It's not exact scale, but it definitely looks like a gee bee. The little one? That's a little TOO far off.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:02 AM
speedster 1919
My Feedback: (3)

Lets get real. First of all If someone has a 120 size do you even think they would buy a 25 size. In real life the Gee Bee flew like a brick and killed everyone who got in them. They have the general look and If they are changed alittle to fly better great. For $89 your not going to enter a scale contest. I have a freind with a GP Stearman. To keep it scale they have a factory built weight tray to hold 18 OZ and thats what he has in the tray for weight. If the wings were moved say an inch or so forward It might fly better and lose the 1 1/2 pounds but then it wouldn't be scale. But Alas, either our porage is too hot or too cold , But never just right.....
Old 07-23-2005, 01:01 PM
skukreja
My Feedback: (6)

looks very interesting.. I could care less about the "scale," at my field, most people would be impressed to see anything with a semblance of the GeeBee.. Now, can someone discuss it's flying characteristics? How does it land? Engine and Prop recommendations for this beast? Complete hardware included? Does anyone have pics of the real 25 size?
Old 07-23-2005, 01:49 PM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

See post #13 on page 1 of this thread.

Jim
Old 07-23-2005, 09:48 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

well you guys need to lay off ak-models!
obviously he makes planes for budget minded people and so for you to compare them to 120 size cm pro models is very stupid.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:28 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: speedster 1919

Lets get real. First of all If someone has a 120 size do you even think they would buy a 25 size. In real life the Gee Bee flew like a brick and killed everyone who got in them. They have the general look and If they are changed alittle to fly better great. For $89 your not going to enter a scale contest. I have a freind with a GP Stearman. To keep it scale they have a factory built weight tray to hold 18 OZ and thats what he has in the tray for weight. If the wings were moved say an inch or so forward It might fly better and lose the 1 1/2 pounds but then it wouldn't be scale. But Alas, either our porage is too hot or too cold , But never just right.....
I have the 120, and yes, I did want the 25 sized one also.
And the full scale plane flew fine, and the Delmar Benjamin replica still does.
And the models of this plane fly fine.
The 120 has some comprimise to make it fly better, sure, but the 25 one barely looks like a Gee Bee. It's not comprimise, it's cartoon. It's a bad job.

AK models does not make these. I believe they do make a line of very decent kits. They just recently started importing these kits. Most of which were already sold under other brand names by other people for quite some time, including this 25 sized Gee Bee.
Shame on them for showing a pic that is SO different from what you are really getting. No excuse. I would have wanted my money back if I had actually bought it.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:36 PM
AK Models

We made a mistake (and take a blame for it) with posting 120 size plane instead of 25. It will not happen again.
The strange thing thought is that people that actually got it, love it, and thus that did not hate it the most. I wonder if one can explain why…
Old 07-23-2005, 10:54 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Good on your for admitting a mistake and correcting it.
Don't hedge on that and throw in a sales pitch, too, it kind of mitigates any apology.
I'm sure that plenty of people will buy it with the correct picture, but I(and some others who posted above) would have been VERY dissapointed at what would have shown up. They are really DRAMATICALLY different from each other, the two models.

The big gee bee, in case anybody is interested, is a STEAL for the money. Get one.
As are most of the planes AK is showing...most are sold elsewhere, too, but AK's prices are outstanding.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:01 PM
AK Models

There is nothing more valuable than customer feedback (good or bad), I know we have room for improvement and will do all we can to meet YOUR GUYS expectation.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:09 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

That's a terrific answer. Best of luck to you guys. And smart move to get into arfs. Arves?
You should get some of the odd ones, like KMP does, find a niche.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:59 AM
forestroke

ORIGINAL: AK Models

The strange thing is that people that actually got it, love it, and thus that did not hate it the most. I wonder if one can explain why…
i have no clue... maybe because those that bought it don't really know what scale looks like? also, those that know what scale looks like would be hesitant to buy a small gee bee as they aren't easy to fly. anyway, i bought it knowing it didn't look scale. had i been mislead to thinking that it was scale, i wouldn't have "love(d) it".
Old 07-24-2005, 06:35 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: AK Models

We made a mistake (and take a blame for it) with posting 120 size plane instead of 25. It will not happen again.
It's nice to see open communication from a vendor rather than the silence from another that's mentioned (bashed) frequently.
The strange thing thought is that people that actually got it, love it, and thus that did not hate it the most. I wonder if one can explain why…
People shopping at this price point are looking for a plane that looks nice and flies well. If it does these two things, most will be happy. Most will not notice small differences in trim. If they do notice, they will attribute them to production differences.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:17 PM
BULL-RCU
My Feedback: (15)

I just purchased one off ebay for $49.00 plus shipping cost me $75.00 total. When I opened the box and look it over I was very impressed with the quality. After the first excitment wore off I noticed the differences. How much extra long it was / it's not as wide at the nose / and the wings are longer in perportion. The one I one was listed as a 25 sz and had the pic of the 120 when I went back to look at it. Even though the ad say 25sz, mine the instructions list it as the GEE BEE 15. In the ebay add mine was listed exactly as the AK model, but when I received it the specifcations in the instructions were different. Still a real nice model, but not what was listed. The pics that are posted on the AK site now for the 25 looks just like the one I received. Wonder if they are sending the one I have and listing it different. Mine list in instructions as GEE BEE 15
Old 06-05-2006, 10:34 PM
BULL-RCU

OK so I just did all the measuring and mine is the same as AK's for specifcations... My instructions are totally wrong for.what they list for sz. LOL quality is still very good... Cant wait to build. Wonder how an OS .30 Wankle would work on this. Are they building out pretty balanced or are people having to add lead to the nose? Or maybe a Saito 40. FS
Old 06-06-2006, 08:57 AM
BULL-RCU

One more question... for the guys who have flown this, Do you think a 30 four stroke would fly it?
Old 06-06-2006, 09:08 PM
monstertruckman
My Feedback: (39)

I would also like to know how it flys
I dont care about the scale details of a plane this small but it would sure be fun to throw in the pylon race with the house of balsa texans and gp combat corsairs at the feild
Old 07-04-2006, 05:37 PM
BULLITTGT

Help...
I bought a geebee 25 on ebay and the cg and control throws in the instructions are for the 120 geebee.
I emailed the seller and he is no help.
Does someone have the correct specs on the .25 gee bee?
I'm mainly concerned with the cg but all the info would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:18 PM
BULL-RCU

ORIGINAL: BULLITTGT

Help...
I bought a geebee 25 on ebay and the cg and control throws in the instructions are for the 120 geebee.
I emailed the seller and he is no help.
Does someone have the correct specs on the .25 gee bee?
I'm mainly concerned with the cg but all the info would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance.
Here is a link to AK models who has the building instructions you can download from their site. It list it at 55mm form the leading edge. If you go look at their instructions they are really detailed.
www.ak-models.com/geebee25.htm
Old 07-06-2006, 10:10 AM
BOLTMAN

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: FenceMagnet

"Next there'll be somebody complaining that it won't hover... "

I'm sure someone will ask if a ST 2300 will fit.....

[:-]
ST 2300!!!! Don't be ridiculous!!!!

I'm sure I've got a DA 50 looking for a home somewhere. Is there enough clearance for a 23" prop????LOL
Old 07-07-2006, 08:53 PM
ericrcpilot
My Feedback: (145)

Only if you hand launch it.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:53 PM
BULL-RCU

Did any of you guys fly yours yet... Mine is still in the box too many things going on this summer and never got to it...
Old 08-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Sport_Pilot

Anybody yet flown one with a .30 sized four stroke?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.