Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

CROW Programming with Futaba 8UAF

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

CROW Programming with Futaba 8UAF

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 02:32 AM
flyindy
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CROW Programming with Futaba 8UAF

I have just finished up my Ultra Stick 40 and started the programming. I am using a Futaba 8UAF and want to do the full boat programming. I have gone through the process twice and have 2 issues -

#1 Can I reassign the CROW to a switch different than "A" and if so how?

#2 Can I invoke FLAPs only? No programming for that and I have tried all of the switch positions and it does not bring on just flaps.

Everything else seems to be ok.

Any help is appreciated.

Ted B.
Old 01-07-2002, 04:56 AM
GBR2
My Feedback: (1)

Default US40

I just looked in my manual and from their description of the programming and switches, it doesn't appear that the Futaba has a 3 position switch like the JR, which I use (8103), so doesn't look like you can setup flaps alone. I don't know about reassigning a switch to another function. I would think there should be a way as the JR does give you several options to do so but I guess you need to consult your manual on that.
Old 01-07-2002, 12:47 PM
Kitmaker

Default 8UA Flap Programming

I have the US 1.20 using the 8UAFS. I utilized the Glider 2FLP program from the Building Manual. I too wanted to have Flaps as a seperate function.

To Accomplish this you can Program Flaps usiing the Start feature of the Glider Program. You can also use this to program them to act as Spoilers.
Old 01-09-2002, 03:23 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

The 8U has 3 position switches.

Your flaps alone are operated on teh dial assigned to the master channel of your flaps.

Please see our FAQ for setting up a 7servo aerobat which is complete, correct, and works very nicely in acro mode, allowing snaps, etc.

www.futabarc.com/faq/faq-8u.html
(there is also one for hte 9Z and the 9C)

Sincerely,
Mrs. AnnMarie Cross
Senior Manager, Proprietary Services and Support
Great Planes Model Distributors
[email protected]
www.greatplanes.com
www.bestrc.com
NO AUTORESPONDER
Old 01-09-2002, 03:56 PM
Randy-RCU

Hey Am..

just thought I say HI..been awile

that new pits also looks real nice also
Old 01-10-2002, 12:48 AM
Kitmaker

Default Flap Programming on 8UFS

Ann Marie , this is true, the flaps are controlled by a knob in the ACRO mode.
The Instructions that came with the plane had programming isntructions for the Futaba and the JR Radios.

To simplify programming the Crow Funtion; they recommended utilizing the GLID2FLP feature; it makes it easier setting up the Crow Feature since this is primarily used for getting Gliders on the ground.

When they assigned this feature to switch A; they defeated the knob for the Flap control since they were being operated by Switch A; but they made no provision for setting the Flaps as a stand alone feature. I read thru the manual; Glider portion; and they have a feature called START ; where you can set the flaps utilizing a switch to function as Flaps or as spoilers; the instructions as printed show them being utilized with the ailerons but I left the ailerons out of the mix and I am using just the Flap mode; however you cannot fine tune the amount of flap; but since in the Navy we usually utilized a set percentage of flap for various stages of takeoff and landing I just picked what I thought was a suitable value to start with and if it is too much or not enough it is easily changed. I am using Switch G so I could feasibly have one position programmed for say 15 deg and the other programmed for 30 deg. with the center off.

Or you can program all of these features in the ACRO Mode; its just that a lot of the work is done for you the the GLID2FLP.

Thanks for the response.
Old 01-14-2002, 06:41 PM
amcross
My Feedback: (2)

hiya kit! actually, the acro approach, unless you're using full span ailerons, is quicker, easier, and more flexible. Particularly when using the crow feature.

Happy flying and glad you got what you wanted to work!

Sincerely,
Mrs. AnnMarie Cross
Senior Manager, Proprietary Services and Support
Great Planes Model Distributors
[email protected]
www.greatplanes.com
www.bestrc.com
NO AUTORESPONDER