Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

KMP September Fury

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

KMP September Fury

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Idigbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP September Fury

Hi all, over in the UK we have noticed that the instruction booklet has the wrong CG measurement. I presume that the storybooks are all the same, so it would be worth checking. In the UK we have just recieved our shipment, so noticed before they were sold, but it is worth informing any distributor that hasn't noticed. The balance point should be 115 mm from the leading edge, at the point where the outer panels join the centre. The new Sea Fury, both Reno and standard, have the same sections, areas, moments and weights, so should balance at the same point.

Ian.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:04 PM
a65l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That's odd, my Sea Fury (military version) came with an addendum in the instructions, stating that the CG should be at 121mm vice the 133 called for in the instruction manual. Guess they decided that was a bit too far aft as well...

Andy
Old 09-05-2005, 05:22 AM
Thaba Raptor
My Feedback: (2)

I have started assembling my Sept. Fury. From the instuctions it is not at all clear how they want you to connect the two halves of the split flaps. I assume that you drill coresponding holes near the T.E. of the flaps and insert a pice of control rod cable into it, epoxying the one side and leave the other side to move in and out as the flaps go up and down. Do i assume correctly? We all know that assumptions is the mother of all F@#$%'s!

How did you guys do it?

A65l, what ST engine are you using? I am planning to use a ST 2300 MkII. i am going to install it sideways with a Bisson pitts muffler.

I am using JR NES 539 servo's for the ailerons and Futaba 3004's on the faps. EL and RUDwill also be 539's. Throttle and retract valve will be std servos.
Old 09-05-2005, 01:26 PM
jamessymons

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Guys

I took delivery of my September Fury on Saturday, decals included. First impressions of the kit are positive. I was think of putting in a OS 160 FS Twin into the aircraft. Only negative comment so far is on the quality of the instruction manual. Somebody mentioned that the fusalage is work of art, I would have to agree, covering is done nicely as well !

Kind Regards

James - Johannesburg SA
Old 09-05-2005, 07:51 PM
a65l
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thaba, I'm using the 2300 MKII as well. I mounted it sideways with a Slimline muffler. After some initial break-in problems involving my glow starter having some loose wires, it's running, idling and pulling great. Starts with a flip of the stick, will tweak it some when I get a few more flights on it but for now it's a monster.

I modified mine to use split flaps, I set them up with alieron torque tubes. Very simple and straightfoward, the only downside is that I only get about 45 degrees of flap deflection, not really enough to be effective. Not that this plane really needs flaps.

Sorry no pics tonight, RCU is being stubborn.

Andy
Old 09-05-2005, 10:12 PM
p39
My Feedback: (5)

Can you point me in the direction of the September Fury? When I call up the KMP site... it's not there....
Old 09-08-2005, 10:59 AM
bullet65

pics please
Old 09-09-2005, 04:18 AM
adolf

Correct me if I am wrong here but I would have thought that an ST 2300 is an overkill for a model weighing about 11 pounds. I have an ST 2300 in an 80'' Gee Bee R2 weighing 16 pounds and it pulls it around with ease.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:23 AM
kev71h

subscribe......................awaiting pictures.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Thaba Raptor

Apart from the incorect CG position in the "un-instruction " manual the measurements given for the position of the wing dowls are also incorrect.

Did anybody use the included retract setup?

I am in the final stages of setup. Need too hook up the contril rods and install the radui gear and engine.

I have bench rub the St 2300 it performed well al low throttle, but top end performance was poor. i suspect my fuel tubing is to blame. Will try some large diameter tubing.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:31 AM
lownloud

are the specs of the September Fury the same as the military version on their website? There are no specs for it on the KMP website. How big is this plane?
Old 11-15-2005, 02:44 AM
Thaba Raptor

Well my SEPTEMBER FURY is ready to take to the air. To recap, she has a ST G2300 engine with a Bison Muffler spinning a 18x8 MS Classic prop, a 3 3/4 inch ALU spinner. It took 500 grams of lead weight to get her to balance at 105 mm from the L.E at the wing section join. If all goes according to plan she will maiden this coming weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85514.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	354653   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61667.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	354654  
Old 11-27-2005, 02:17 AM
twitcher
My Feedback: (3)

Interesting comments pertaining to the KMP Critical Mass. Has anyone experienced any problems with it? (other than Thumb problems) How about positive comments?
I am very impressed with my CM at this stage, which is putting the final touch on it Have installed a YS .91 and mechanical retracts, was going to use Robarts but didn't want the weight penalty. If the wing was around 700 sq in to offset the incerased wing loading, I would have used the Robarts. But with only 504 sq in , I really chickened out using the Robarts.
KMP has provided some really nice products for us and much appreciated too. It's always great to get a"DEAL" on some of this stuff, but that is just not the norm.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:21 PM
kinverflyer

We dont get the CM here in the UK for another 3 weeks, what I have seen of it, it flies well, I did have a video of it somewhere if I can find it I will let you know.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:50 AM
Itzdzworld
My Feedback: (-1)

Reinforce everything in all KMP ARF's I am building the ARF September Fury ( I mean Building) Instructions leave something to be desired, But it looks good. I kinda fell Like I am building a kit withotu the jig.

Moki 2.10 to the rescue..............................Warbird Wed heheheh here comes mine !
Old 01-18-2006, 09:13 PM
F2G-1
My Feedback: (13)

Gotta have one now. Traded for a new saito 180 that says reno all over it.

I got to actually eyeball this kit at the hobbyshop. They didnt have to hard of time getting me interested. Really nice kit.

One question, do the gear covers stay on in flight or is it just for static display?

The canopy is a bit off scale (too tall) but we can fix that. lets here some more testomonials!

GREAT video kinverflyer.

Ted

Old 01-19-2006, 03:11 AM
kinverflyer

I didnt use the gear covers as I used oleos and the covers would sit proud, havent got round to making some out of aluminum yet.
For more info and build tips have a look at http://www.*************.co.uk/4um/i...?topic=20308.0
Old 01-20-2006, 02:51 AM
F2G-1

Well, picked her up today. I really needed another plane. (Like a hole in the head!)
I'll start building in a couple days, gotta clean the shop up.

You know your sick when you buy a $500 plane when you already have 2 kits (arfs) in boxes, w/ engines on deck. Oh, wait, i didnt get ONE more plane today, I got TWO. I couldnt resist the clearance deal, on my way out the door, on one of those tiny Herr 1/2 A little extras + engine combos. DOUBLE WAMMY
She's probably getting the Honey Do list ready now - absolution is never easy or inexpensive.

I'm really pumped about this plane, cant wait to get started.

Glad to know whose brain i'm gonna pick while building.

Ted
Old 01-20-2006, 03:22 AM
Countryboy
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: F2G-1

Well, picked her up today. I really needed another plane. (Like a hole in the head!)
I'll start building in a couple days, gotta clean the shop up.

You know your sick when you buy a $500 plane when you already have 2 kits (arfs) in boxes, w/ engines on deck. Oh, wait, i didnt get ONE more plane today, I got TWO. I couldnt resist the clearance deal, on my way out the door, on one of those tiny Herr 1/2 A little extras + engine combos. DOUBLE WAMMY
She's probably getting the Honey Do list ready now - absolution is never easy or inexpensive.

I'm really pumped about this plane, cant wait to get started.

Glad to know whose brain i'm gonna pick while building.

Ted
Ted,

Well, you would really be sick if I told you the same kit could be had for $379.00. Even with shipping, I would expect that you could have saved close too a bill.

I've been eying the September Fury pretty hard this past week, but low & behold, I walk into the local HS last night and there sits the new KMP Spitfire. Decisions....Decisions
Old 01-20-2006, 01:35 PM
F2G-1

$ 500 was a generalization (the list price) I paid much less, but not that low.

Where did you see it for $379.00 ?

Ted
Old 01-20-2006, 03:56 PM
bullet65

hey countryboy,where is your lhs,i live west of you in hopkinsville ky,but i deive by your way once a week.thanks
Old 01-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Countryboy
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: bullet65

hey countryboy,where is your lhs,i live west of you in hopkinsville ky,but i deive by your way once a week.thanks

You will find their on line site here. http://www.speedersonline.com
Great selection of inventory they have. If your out this way, drive on down to Frankfort and pay them a visit.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:01 PM
AKondor

HI Everyone:

I am pleased to see that our models are making it from the benches to the fields. If you have any suggestions or comments we would love to use them to make a better product yet. We would love to post your finished planes on our webiste if you want to show them off.

On another note I just wanted to mention that we have added a new video section with the Super Sea Fury flying. Its a great video "strutting its stuff"

Cheers[8D],
Andrew
KMP
Old 01-21-2006, 01:11 PM
alanc

HI GUYS! there was a mention of the sea fury being similar to the first version, with the one-piece-central flap, i can assure you, although the aerodynamic outline is the same, the model is of BRAND NEW construction, fuzz is detailed, wings, and tail are built up, from finest lazer cut parts, and the undercart mounts(ALWAYS the first thing to go,) are a substantial area ply plate, let into the surrounding ribs, with jig tabs, nice and strong retracts are the new generation 3, very suitable for struts, and cabable of holding up models heavier than the fury

and, if you think the model needs strenghening up, as per one of the posts, above take a look at how kniver flyer flys it, in the video!!! AWSOME!!

ALAN C YT INTERNATIONAL
Old 01-21-2006, 10:48 PM
adolf

Hi Fellas

I have had a September Fury sitting around in a box for a couple of months and will tackle it soon. I am concerned as to how that huge fuselage decal would stand up to the wear of normal useage. I am thinking about a light coat of clear estapol to protect it. Also I have a pumped 120 four strke sitting around for it which will not give unlimited vertical but should be plenty I feel. I would appreciate any feedback from September Fury owners on the how that decal is holding up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.