Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Cermark Pitts tail wheel assembly

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Cermark Pitts tail wheel assembly

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 12:08 PM
Texan
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cermark Pitts tail wheel assembly

I recently started assembling a Cermark Pitts and noticed that the tail wheel assembly seems weak. I have not heard anyone mention problems with the stock unit, however, I would like to replace it with something more substantial. A tail wheel assembly that does not put direct shock loads on the rudder and looks scale would be preferred. Any suggestions?
Old 08-22-2005, 10:28 PM
Sea_Planes
My Feedback: (265)

Default RE: Cermark Pitts tail wheel assembly

Hi Texan:

I just bought a Cermark Pitts already finished but not flown yet my Pitts also has the stock Tailwheel on it but it also looks week I'm going to replace mine with a Sullivan Tail wheel bracket model #S861 this one is good for 10 to 22 lb size planes & also matches up with the white Color on the bottom of the pitts Fuse I paid $7.29 for mine I have used these Sullivan Tail wheel bracked before & have Not had a bit of problem with them what engine are you using on yours I have a New Zenoah 26 on mine ? hope this helps & Good Luck with your Pitts I love mine Now if I only get enough time to fly it Carey
Old 08-22-2005, 11:20 PM
pittsman
My Feedback: (2)

Texan
try this tailwheel assembly, works great on the Cermark Pitts and looks pretty scale. I have one of these on both of my Pitts.
hope this was some help.
pittsman.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBN41&P=7
Old 08-22-2005, 11:36 PM
Texan

ORIGINAL: Sea_Planes

Hi Texan:

I just bought a Cermark Pitts already finished but not flown yet my Pitts also has the stock Tailwheel on it but it also looks week I'm going to replace mine with a Sullivan Tail wheel bracket model #S861 this one is good for 10 to 22 lb size planes & also matches up with the white Color on the bottom of the pitts Fuse I paid $7.29 for mine I have used these Sullivan Tail wheel bracked before & have Not had a bit of problem with them what engine are you using on yours I have a New Zenoah 26 on mine ? hope this helps & Good Luck with your Pitts I love mine Now if I only get enough time to fly it Carey
Thanks for the suggestion. I was looking at the Sullivan unit because I have them installed on most of my other planes. I have had excellent results, however, the Pitts has a very round rudder and I was concerned that the spring would not operate properly. I found what appears to be an old CB associates unit. I'll give it a try.

I am using a Moki 1.35 spinning an 18x8 prop. I'm also running onboard glow.

Good luck with your Pitts,

Scott
Old 08-22-2005, 11:40 PM
Texan

ORIGINAL: pittsman

Texan
try this tailwheel assembly, works great on the Cermark Pitts and looks pretty scale. I have one of these on both of my Pitts.
hope this was some help.
pittsman.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBN41&P=7
Thanks for the suggestion. That looks like a good tailwheel for the Pitts. I found an old CB associates unit that I'll try first, however, it may be too heavy. I may end up using the assembly that you suggested if I have a balance problem.

Regards,
Scott