Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Goldberg's/Lanier's new ARF's

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Goldberg's/Lanier's new ARF's

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 04:56 PM
sam@ata
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Goldberg's/Lanier's new ARF's

Have been looking for post on these planes , been looking in wrong forum???? I am interested in the new Yak coming and would like
comments on the Extra as to build and quality. What engines? I would prefer gas like a DA50 our Brison 3.2. I also am considering
the new ARF that Lanier have coming out also but realize that would need around 70cc engine. 3W or a brison, maybe the Evolution 58!
Old 09-09-2005, 11:46 AM
RobertC
My Feedback: (157)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg's/Lanier's new ARF's

Hi Sam, I agree that there has been very little said about these new planes (well, the Extra anyway) and I'm not sure why. Maybe everybody is just sick of a 50cc-sized Extra? [:-]

Well, not me! I am really impressed with Goldberg (yeah, I know... Lanier's) latest work! Every bit as nice as their 1.20 Sukhoi ARF! I can't say much about flight since I have just unpacked and admired the plane. Most interesting thing is that there are two slots in each wing for aileron servos-- I'm sure due to the size of the ailerons (they must be more than 1/4 of the wing-area!).

I am planning to use a ZDZ-40 (which should be about perfect for this plane).

Here are a few shots of the fuselage construction. Let me know if you would like to see anything else...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47748.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	321830   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26848.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	321831  
Old 09-09-2005, 06:07 PM
sam@ata
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Goldberg's/Lanier's new ARF's

Please keep this thread informed as to your findings. Im sure that im not the only one interested in these new releases.
Im thinking of a KMP YAk with 3W 75 and if that falls thru, ill go with the Goldberg Yak and 40-50cc engine.