Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Ultimate .46 from Raidentech -- help?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Ultimate .46 from Raidentech -- help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 08:07 PM
desmobob

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ultimate .46 from Raidentech -- help?

ORIGINAL: darock

BTW, the guy who posted his idea that the CG was screwed was triggered by his Ultimate having crashed on it's first flight. And my guess of why it did leans pretty heavy on what surface throws he had on the bird. I'd say that the aileron connection screw up would make any biplane a lot more prone to snap when it wants to, not when you want.
I hate the thought of adding weight to such a light little model. If it flies like it's far too nose-heavy, I'll swap out the Super Tigre G40 for a G34. It has a little less horsepower, but about four ounces less weight so I think things kind of balance out. My first choice of engine for the little Ultimate was a G34 ringed ABC Heli engine, which isn't made any longer. I have two, but they are going in a Hobbico Twinstar ARF. I have a regular "aero" ringed, steel cylinder version of the G34 as well (and a little J'Tec Pitts muffler for it). It may end up in the nose of the Ultimate.

Good flying,
desmobob