Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

.40 Size ARF for Saito FA-90R3

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

.40 Size ARF for Saito FA-90R3

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 12:46 PM
VeeAte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .40 Size ARF for Saito FA-90R3

I recently picked up a new Saito FA-90R3 and am having some trouble finding a warbird for it.

I mostly fly and build WWII warbirds like Corsairs, P-47's etc and aerobatic planes like Ultimate's, Edge 540's, SBach342 etc

Biggest difficulty seems to be finding an ARF with a round cowl that will fly with an engine that puts out around the same power as a .72 4 stroke. Not expecting it to 3D so most likely a warbird or general sport plane would be better suited.

Even something like a Pitts S12 bipe would be nice, but again I can't find a top manufacturer that does one.

I have purchased and flown a fair few cheaper chinese ARF's and would rather put the radial into one of the better branded kits such as Hangar 9, Top Flite etc.
Mostly because I have just done 4 or so cheap ARF's and want something I can just put together without having to rebuild and or re-engineer the airframe.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:51 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You might want to consider pairing your engine up with the smaller Great Planes Revolver. I have one powered by an OS .55 AX and it is a great flying model. I also have the Revolver 70 powered by a Saito .91 and that is also a great flying plane. Also, have another Revolver 70 sitting on the shelf, for a future project. Needless to say, I think the Great Planes Revolvers are all great building and flying models. Their are also a few threads here in regards to Revolvers.

Good luck and have fun with whatever you choose...................

Last edited by Granpooba; 09-25-2014 at 01:54 PM.