Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

World Models Castrol CAP 232-46R

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

World Models Castrol CAP 232-46R

Old 01-14-2006, 11:15 AM
DVM100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World Models Castrol CAP 232-46R

I had one of these CAPs and it flew like a dream. I had a Magnum .61 2stroke in her and on it's first flight she dead sticked and came down in long grass (3 feet high). The model disintegrated - no glue in the joints and the main spar was balsa! The wholesaler has washed his hands of it because I had a 61 2 stroke on board, even though it weighs less than a .70FS and puts out marginally more power than a OS .46AX. What a load of crap! Has anyone else had trouble with these World Models? I've read plenty of forums praising them and I certainly believe they fly well, but the gluing or lack of is a real issue.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:26 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: World Models Castrol CAP 232-46R

Document it in writing, politely, and send copies to WM in Hong Kong. I've exchanged some email with them, not about warranty issues, and I think they will be very interested in hearing about the problem you are having with their product, and the wholesaler.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:27 PM
drewbags

I have had mine for over a year now and made loads of flights. Have had a couple of mishaps and the model has held together really well, usual problem of the u/c carriage coming off though. On the whole I think that these models are well made, I visit their asia dealer (Radar) quite often and all of the models seem to be pretty strong. Maybe you were unlucky, shame the dealer is washing his hands of your problem.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:07 AM
DVM100

appreciate your comments and advice, Chuck and Drew.