Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 W/Magnum 120 FS

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 W/Magnum 120 FS

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 03:07 PM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 W/Magnum 120 FS

Anyone flying this combo? I just ordered the Magnum 120 Four stroke while ago (thank you RCU for the tower's code, 40 bucks off!). Just wondered what the combo is like. I can't wait to fly it. I recently added a kit built ultimate to my dad's pile of "rebuilds." Didn't quite get it out of a flatspin quick enough. Anyway, it had an ASP 91 2 stroke and I loved it. However, I always thought it was screaming "I want a four stroke." So, I got it one (I was going to need a new engine anyway, so this took care of another situation of mine). THe ASP will live on in another, more suitable model. Anyway, THis is my first ultimate ARF. What mods should I make, and what should I look out for during the build? I'm going with Dubro Hinge points, I think, and dual elevator servos. Other than that, what else?

Anyone fly this combo? What's it like?
Old 01-25-2006, 03:36 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 W/Magnum 120 FS

2slow,

I would not worry about the hinge points. You will not need them. I ended up putting in dual elevator servos in the tail. I used Hitec 225Mg mini servos at 57 ounces of torque each, plenty for the elevators.

I used Hitec 625 servos for the ailerons and then did the link between them which is 76 ounces and is plenty and a Hitec 645 for the pull pull on the rudder.

You will not need to use 4 aileron servos. The servos in the tail will work well and help with balance. The Magnum120 should do fine. I had a YS110 on mine and it was ballistic.

The plane is a puddy tat until you tell it to get wild, then it will do just that until you tell it to return to puddy tat mode. I had over 200 flights on mine until I sold it and went bigger. As far as I know the guy I sold it to still flies it and loves it

Old 01-25-2006, 07:16 PM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 W/Magnum 120 FS

Thanks Bill
I too was thinking about putting the dual elevator servo's in the rear, but hadn't completely decided yet. I figure I'll get the motor mounted, and go from there--move servos and stuff around to see what I need. If I can get away with it, I'd like to leave them in the tray, but if not, the rear would be good--probably even better for more precise movement. I was definitely going with dual aileron servos. I'm thinking about getting some carbon fiber tube that the connecting rod (between the top and bottom aileron) will slide into, and glue it into place for stiffening purposes. I've heard of this being done before, and I like the idea.

So, you think the CA hinges will be ok?

I really liked my other one, and want to do this one right from the start. Knock on wood, I hope to have it around for a while!