ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

WM Crazy Panda?

Old 12-05-2002, 09:29 PM
rc_crasher
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default WM Crazy Panda?

I want something a little different than everyting else at my field, and easy to fly! Does anybody have an experience with the World Models Crazy Panda? I like it's looks ... kind of like a larger lazy bee. Does any have any feedback on the ARF quality and flying abilities of this strange plane?
Old 03-05-2003, 04:15 AM
WALKERS210-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Crazy Panda

Hi, this is kinda late from your the post date on your question on the Panda. I had one and loved it very much. I added an additonal servo and split the elevator and programed in elevons. It would take off and do a complete turn about in abou 10 feet. Mounted a 35 mm camera looking out the left side of fuse and had a great camera ship. I would take it up and fall into circles with buzzards and they didn't seem to mind it being there. I flew mine until a friend saw it and had to have it. There will be another one soon.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:30 AM
ICE 32 ICEMAN
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Lazy Panda

Hi,
I bought my 13 year old one of these and he flew it with a Saito .50 four stroke for about a year. I came across a Saito .56 and put it in. The difference was like night and day and the plane was much more responsive and cut up like crazy! A new member asked to twiddle the sticks on it and promptly got dis-oriented and stuck the thing in wide open straight down....... I have searched for another yellow one but have only come across a single white one. I was also told by a hobby shop owner in Dallas that WM is not making the Panda anymore because Andy Clancy's lawyers put a screeching halt to copying his plane. Don't know how true that is but you sure aren't finding the things much any more! Andy's planes are the same great flyer's but I think WM had him beat on the window construction by a mile. Maybe Andy could simplify his windows and clean up on sales! His 10-15 size ARF is sure a winner too. Either size by either company will give you hours of cheap flying for a long time to come.
Terry
Old 03-08-2003, 01:32 PM
pikebishop

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default WM Crazy Panda?

I love the world models windows, wish all kits were that nice.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:52 AM
jwnge
My Feedback: (30)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default WM Crazy Panda?

I have just received a email from the pres of Quantum Models today and he said they have discontinued the model..I was going to get another one.. I have one that I bought last year. I put a Magnum 52 4 stroke on it and it is a ball. I too, have had buzzards and eagles fly over and fly with it for a while. It is a blast, we had a timed contest one day last fall and it stayed up for 56 minutes under power.. Everybody who sees it wants to fly it and many people have done so with no ill results so far. It is too bad it is discontinued.. full up and full left or right under a little power from height and it is like a maple leaf spinning to the ground and in a little breeze it would fly backwards all day.. I loved it..
Old 03-19-2003, 03:47 AM
WALKERS210-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Crazy Panda Available

http://www.pyramidhobbies.com/ This hobby shop owner told me last week he can still get his hands on a couple of the Panda's.
Old 05-03-2003, 06:39 AM
dls
My Feedback: (113)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default WM Crazy Panda?

If anyones looking for a W.M. Crazy Panda/Lazy Cub check www.sheldonshobbies.com they`re in San Jose Ca, went there Thursday, 140 mile drive and worth it every time. When I left they still had 2 yellow Pandas. These planes are so much fun and getting hard to find.
Old 05-03-2003, 01:04 PM
jwnge

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default WM Crazy Panda?

I checked out Sheldons and they had 3 yellow, they now have 2, mine is put up for a later date. I got the Idea Clancy was suing so they just quit making them..
Old 01-10-2014, 12:55 AM
pilot dave
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I Don't Know If This Will Reach Anyone, But It's 2014 Now, And I Have 3 NIB World Models Crazy And Lazy Panda's For Sale!!! I Have One Of Each Color, From What I Understand These Are The Very Last NIB Panda's Anywhere!!! I Love These Panda's Also, They Are Amazing Flying Machines, And With Today's Technology In Yesterdays Panda's, Is Just A Real Treat!!! So Here's To The Last 3 Around NIB Panda's!! $260. Each, Double Boxed And Shipped To Your Front Door, Happy Days Are Back For Three Lucky Pilots!!! Thanks Dave 415-827-0500 Texant6@yahoo.com

Last edited by pilot dave; 01-10-2014 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:02 AM
jwnge

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by pilot dave View Post
I Don't Know If This Will Reach Anyone, But It's 2014 Now, And I Have 3 NIB World Models Crazy And Lazy Panda's For Sale!!! I Have One Of Each Color, From What I Understand These Are The Very Last NIB Panda's Anywhere!!! I Love These Panda's Also, They Are Amazing Flying Machines, And With Today's Technology In Yesterdays Panda's, Is Just A Real Treat!!! So Here's To The Last 3 Around NIB Panda's!! $260. Each, Double Boxed And Shipped To Your Front Door, Happy Days Are Back For Three Lucky Pilots!!! Thanks Dave 415-827-0500 Texant6@yahoo.com
I also have 2 NIB and one I fly, in a light wind I kept it up for 46 minutes witha 52 4 stroke, tons of fun.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:46 PM
69Aeroguy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just bought one at AMA convention swap shop! Thanks for engine size recommendations What size wheels did it use?