Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Cox Ez Bee

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Cox Ez Bee

Old 12-12-2002, 09:06 PM
GeorgefromVT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cox Ez Bee

I started flying rc 15 years ago when I happened to find a COX EZ BEE for sale in a department store. Not knowing anything about RC flying, I bought the plane and tought myself how to fly. Fortunately, it proved to be very crash tolerant and repairable. The clamshell design of the front fuselage is still very practical. I have since graduated to more sophisticated models but must admit I still have a place in my heart for the cox models. Infact I still have an old one which I have modiefied for electric. Has anyone else out there flown a Cox EZ Bee? What are your experiences?
Old 12-14-2002, 02:46 AM
captainpitts-RCU
My Feedback: (24)

Default ez bee

I learned how to fly on one of these about 3 1/2 years ago. It is a great plane to learn on. You get to cruise aroud for quite a while after you run out of gas if you spend your 3-4 minutes just climbing. It was a real fun plane. I think you might have me missing that old plane.
Old 12-14-2002, 04:19 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Cox Ez Bee

I had one and flew it a bit, and sold it to someone here on the boards. A bit underpowered for my liking though, but a good trainer
Old 12-14-2002, 04:30 AM
GeeBeer

Default Cox Ez Bee

I had one like 13 or 14 years ago..., folded the foam wing when i tried to do a loop LOL
Old 12-14-2002, 02:41 PM
jettstarblue

Default Flashback!!

Thanks for jogging my memory. I had an EZ Bee for my second plane, and the radio and engine were donated to my first kit. A friend of mine and I took it out in a 15 MPH wind and as soon as it left his hand, it did a "controlled crash" for about 30 seconds, until it landed in a tall pine. After repair-EZ, we flew it a dozen or more times, until it was canabalized for the Ace MKII glider I built.
Thanks for the memories.......

Jetts
Old 01-05-2003, 12:43 PM
Jim C.

Default Cox Ez Bee

yeah i taught myself how to fly on an ez bee also.. that poor thing was an awesome airplane went thru many sets of wings and pieces.. little .049 motor was the heat *lol* but after awhile all the epoxy and glue did it in so i retired the bird and upgraded to a thunder tiger t-2000.. that however is another story wish i still had something other than the transmitter from the ez bee tho *rest in pieces my little bird*
Old 01-05-2003, 02:48 PM
greygoose
My Feedback: (4)

Default Cox Ez Bee

I learned on this same plane about the same number of years ago-the Cox EZ-Bee2.Great little learners plane except for no throttle and a little more fuel capacity would have been nice.But for all this little kit cost I would recommend it to anyone starting out.
Mike
Old 01-06-2003, 05:40 AM
littlepiston
My Feedback: (12)

Default E-Z Bee!!!!!!!!!!

Hey john i love the plane !!! been flying for 4 years + but still wanted one and thanks to Johnvh i have one!!! by the way i tryed to learn one one about OOO.....8 years ago and i never could ,my brother never let me try it!!!!!