Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

my new sig sundancer

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

my new sig sundancer

Old 04-28-2006, 06:11 AM
goofy
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my new sig sundancer

Chuck1,

The second photo in your second set of pix shows the can muffler and then the third shows another image and no can muffler.

Would you confirm if the last image is the new cowl you spoke of and an aftermarket muffler on g62, please? If it is, I'm sold. Especially with a motor at that price. I have never had one with an electronic ignition before.

It looks great, can't wait to see it sitting next to my other birds in my shop, just want to make sure I buy only one engine for tyhis one instead of trying two or three like I have done on some of my other birds. At this scale, that gets a bit expensive.

Thank you very much for the information. It is appreciated.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:54 AM
chuck l
My Feedback: (17)

goofy,

The third image of the plane with the two pipes hanging down out of the bottom of the cowl is the after market muffler on the g45. With aftermarket muffler on the G62, the pipes would be more under the cowl, because the G45 actually angles the muffler out.

RCIGN1 conversion also includes a new manifold under the carb that rotates the carb for a straight on connection to the throttle servo. If you go ahead with the Ebay engine, have the guy ship it directly to RCIGN1 for conversion. The G62 initially will not seem all that powerful, but as it breaks in the power really comes on. Mine's not broken in yet, but the vertical is only limited by your eyes.

If you have any more questions, let me know.

Chuck
Old 04-28-2006, 03:53 PM
SitNFly
My Feedback: (54)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chuck1,
Did you have a problem with your carb that forced you to run the sense line back to the fuse? I've heard some pros and some "indifferents" as to the need for this. Just wondering what your experience was.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:10 PM
chuck l

SitNFly,

I wasn't having a problem with the engine, but had a bunch with a G26 until I made the modification to it. Day and night difference with the G26, so I automatically do it with all my gas engines. It's cheap to do and hasn't hurt anything. The Walbro carbs are used on weed whackers/chain saws where they don't see varying pressure on the metering diaphragm like they do in RC plane application.

Chuck
Old 04-28-2006, 04:32 PM
Carlos Murphy
My Feedback: (72)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Chuck,

I just ordered the G-62 from Minden, I live 1/2 hour from them in Gardnerville.

Thanks.
Chuck
(Carlos)
Old 04-28-2006, 04:49 PM
chuck l

Carlos,

Have you started to put your plane together yet, I assume you received it already. Is Minden where the guy is located that is selling the G62's on Ebay? Are you going to have yours converted to EI?

Good Luck
Chuck
Old 04-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Carlos Murphy
My Feedback: (72)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Chuck I,

No, too early to say about the ignition, have not started the build as yet (got the plane last week) because I have a few other

planes to finish up like my "volter" H-9 T-34 with retracts and getting the correct Li-Poly batteries for my Axi 2820-10 brushless

powered Hobbico Twinstar and Urovitch OV-10 Bronco.

The supplier of the G engines on E-bay is a scooter manufacturer and is near the Minden airport here in the Carson Valley which is

a famous sailplane center. Their not set up for sales but pre-paid orders can be picked up.

Carlos

Old 04-28-2006, 06:05 PM
dannafinance
My Feedback: (32)

I have had one of these for about a year. I am running a Brison 3.2. This has to be the best flying plane ever. It is my favorite of all times.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:16 PM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

I flew my friend's yesterday, very nice flyer, no bad habits, now I'll get off my butt and put mine together. I'm powering mine with a Fuji 64.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:33 PM
dwsc
My Feedback: (81)

I put almost a gallon of gas thru mine on sunday, I really like it, chuck i don't have any roll or tip stall problems at all, it took me along time to get my elevators working evenly I think i hit the set up dead on with this one. doug
Old 04-29-2006, 06:29 PM
gwulle

Hi Gentlemen;
I received mine last weel and got started on it this week-end. The packaging was perfect and the covering was flawless. I have never gotten an ARF that I didn't have to do some ironing on. The workmanship on this model is increditable!!. I plan on putting a Brillelli 46cc EI on it. I hope it's enough power. I like the way they did the hatch on the bottom of the fuse. It really makes installing batteries etc. alot easier.

Gaines
Old 05-22-2006, 04:29 PM
Dirtnaper
My Feedback: (11)

What muffler will clear the cowl while using a G62

Anyone know?
Old 05-22-2006, 05:12 PM
chuck l

Dirtnaper,

The pictures on the previous page show what the cowl looks like with a B&B muffler with pipes sticking out the bottom of the cowl on a G45. It would look pretty much the same with a G62.

Regarding your PM on the brass tube on the carb metering diaphragm cover, look in this thread, it tells you everything you need to know, and them some.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_30...tm.htm#3035444

Everyone,
I'm so frustrated, I could s..t. No matter what I do with the plane, it will just tip stall or cork screw a lower speeds and moderate up elevator. I was trying some harriers and you need to be high to catch the plane when it snaps. The elevators move together on both high and low rates, I've decreased their throws, I've gone over the wing incidences. If you try to do a three point landing, the right wing will drop. The plane has to come in under power and land on the mains. My ailerons match up with the wings with no trim required, there is about 2 clicks right of rudder to track the plane vertically at full throttle. I tried taking out the rudder trim, but on change in the snapping. I'm at a loss and would appreciate any advice. Again, my first Sun Dancer didn't do this.

Chuck
Old 05-22-2006, 06:15 PM
Dirtnaper
My Feedback: (11)

May sound like stubid advice but have you checked your incidence meter up against a level or something?

Ive done quite a few bipes and if thrust line, CG, wieght, are the same. I would normally suspect that the top wing would have a positive incidence over the lower with that kind of behavior. Zero the lower with the stab and then set the upper to -1/2*-1* no more. Yeah its a shot in the dark but its worked for me in the past. Other than that I too would be clueless as to what is going on.