Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2002, 04:39 PM
splais
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, Whirly you kind of screwed up. but don't feel bad. It is natural for covering to bubble and loosen depending on temperature changes, himitidy, etc. It is also very easy to fix. You will get an arguement on the best method: but a heat gun or iron does the trick. I personally use a heat gun. But just as many use an iron. You got to experiment with what temperature works best. It depends on the brand of covering. Some can probably tell you exactly; but around 225-250 on the iron and low heat setting on the hot air gun to start. You do have to be careful with the air gun to not apply to much heat near an edge or it will pull back and deform. I have found an iron works best on loose edges. Generally after you tighten everything up. it will stay that way for quite a while (weeks sometimes).
Old 12-23-2002, 04:42 PM
Steve Guinn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's the luck of the draw.
I purchased 2 Big Stick .40's, one was very nice, the other had more wrinkles than my grandma and a warped aileron to boot.
Use a heat gun to get the wrinkles out of the Flats. Don't use an iron.
Merry Christmas
Steve
Old 12-24-2002, 02:38 AM
Cloud Puncher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ditto on using the heatgun to remove bubbles and wrinkles. For the stubborn bubbles that seem to expand when you heat them just give them a small pin***** with a very small sharp needle to allow the air to escape. The hole will virtually disappear when you are done.
Good luck.