Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

H9 PNP CUB Radio

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

H9 PNP CUB Radio

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 01:26 PM
old n slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 PNP CUB Radio

Have looked but I can't find where the question has been asked and I can't find e-mail address for Horizon Hobby and I know I will get the answer from here.

On the PNP w/engine, servos, and battery. Are the connector universal and will I be able to us a Futaba Tx and Rx? I compared prices with the ARF version and just a few dollars more to let them supply everything. But won't do me any good if i can' use my Futaba.

Thanks for replies,

Gramps Jim
Old 06-10-2006, 08:49 PM
tigermeet

Default RE: H9 PNP CUB Radio

Don't know about Futaba but I used a Hitec RX/Tx with no problem
Old 06-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Shocker1000
My Feedback: (2)

It says on their site that the servos have universal plugs so it shouldn't be a problem
Old 06-11-2006, 07:40 AM
Uh-Oh!

The Futaba Rx will work just fine in it. Mine's going strong after 2 gallons through it with a Futaba R127DF FM unit.

A couple of notes of interest:

On the JR plugs. When plugging them in to the Rx, the orange/yellow-wire is the signal feed (same as the white wire on a Futaba) and it gets plugged in toward the keyed slot on the reciever. Remember "light to light and dark to dark", referring to matching up the wire colors to their function, and you'll be fine.

I used a 4.8V Hydrimax 1650 mah nihm in mine and put the Rx and battery in the places the manual said and the balance point came in just right. They've really done a great job on this PNP Cub.

On our 800+ foot runway, on a calm day, it's just an absolute blast doing one wheel touch and go's, (alternating right, left, right, left, etc.) all the way down it! What a wonderful plane!

Have fun!
Old 06-11-2006, 07:55 AM
brooke

I also am usingthe Futaba R127DF in mine. I also have to say that Uh-Oh, above, said it all. This is a fun plane to fly and worth the money and mine was great right out of the box. However you may want to check the rudder before you leave the LHS because it seems alot of people have had damage to the rudders.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Uh-Oh!

brooke is right on about the rudder damage. It took 3 tries before my LHS got one that wasn't injured.

My theory on the damage is that this being a "loaded" fuselage it is so much heavier than a bare airframe that when the freight guys get a hold of it, the mass is too big. Basically, in my case, the rudders crushed from "decelleration trauma" due to box being "thumped" on the end. The engine had a nice little plastic bumper on the prop shaft but, the rudder was in a slotted cardboard box to keep it from moving laterally. There was a piece of styrofoam to protect it from end to end damage but, the problem is the rudder won't hold up the weight of the loaded fuselage. Especially of a non caring freight guy just plops it on the boxes end. The rudders on the 2 damaged ones had nice styrofoam crushed spots about 1-1/2" from mid rudder straight toward the plane's bottom. The 3rd one in was packed tight with those pesky shipping peanuts and no damage.

That being said, the rest of the packaging was great, including plywood "armor" glued to the cardboard in high stress areas like where the wing strut tabs exit the fuselage. Horizon's service department was prompt in sending replacements and is aware of the problem. I'm sure they have it solved by now.

When we called after the 1st one, I thought it was kinda funny, they asked if I could repair the damage. I told them that the reason I got the P-N-P version is so I wouldn't have to work on it in the 1st place. We (Horizon's rep and I) both kind of chuckled a little and he said, "I understand." and those two little words go a long way in my book.

I'm off to the field! The weather forecast is sunny, 90F, winds out of the north at 0 to 5mph... In other words, it's Cub flying weather!
Old 06-11-2006, 01:02 PM
old n slow

See, I said that I could count on good advise on this forum. However, I've decided to go with the ARF and a 4stroke Saito or OS. Most all of the other grey heads in my club think this would be best.

Again thanks to all who replied. I won't fail to ask questions in the future, and I'm sure I will have questions.

Thanks again,